Author Topic: MIT climate scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen rejects ‘climate change’ as ‘a quasi-religious movement pr  (Read 678 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MIT climate scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen rejects ‘climate change’ as ‘a quasi-religious movement predicated on an absurd ‘scientific’ narrative’

. MIT Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen: Believing UN pacts can save the planet ‘are returning us to the Middle Ages’

Dr. Richard Lindzen's new paper: An Assessment of the Conventional Global Warming Narrative - Published by the Global Warming Policy Foundation - September 22, 2022: Climate change is "a quasi-religious movement predicated on an absurd ‘scientific’ narrative. The policies invoked on behalf of this movement have led to the US hobbling its energy system." - "The Earth’s climate has, indeed, undergone major variations, but these offer no evidence of a causal role for CO₂."

"Unless we wake up to the absurdity of the motivating narrative, this is likely only to be the beginning of the disasters that will follow from the current irrational demonization of CO₂."

By: Admin - Climate DepotDecember 4, 2022 9:04 AM

to access 2022-09-22-Lindzen-global-warming-narrative.pdf
Click

Richard Lindzen’s new paper: An Assessment of the Conventional Global Warming Narrative – Published by the Global Warming Policy Foundation – September 22, 2022

CO₂ is a particularly ridiculous choice for a ‘pollutant.’ Its primary role is as a fertiliser for plant life. Currently, almost all plants are starved of CO₂. Moreover, if we were to remove a bit more than 60% of current CO₂, the consequences would be dire: namely death by starvation for all animal life. It would not likely lead to a particularly cold world since such a reduction would only amount to a couple of percent change in the radiative budget. After all, a 30% reduction of solar radiation about 2.5 billion years ago did not lead to an Earth much colder than it is today, as we earlier noted in connection with the Early Faint Sun Paradox.

The Earth’s climate has, indeed, undergone major variations, but these offer no evidence of a causal role for CO₂. For the glaciation cycles of the past 700 thousand years, the proxy data from the Vostok ice cores shows that cooling precedes decreases in CO₂ despite the very coarse temporal resolution (Jouzel et al.,1987, Gore, 2006). Higher temporal resolution is needed to show that warming preceded the increase in CO₂ as well (Caillon et al, 2003). For earlier variations, there is no suggestion of any correlation with carbon dioxide at all, as shown in Figure 9a, a commonly presented reconstruction of CO₂ levels and ‘temperature’ for the past 600 million years or so.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/04/mit-climate-scientist-dr-richard-lindzen-rejects-climate-change-as-a-quasi-religious-movement-predicated-on-an-absurd-scientific-narrative/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Ghetto Fabulous, my Friend, Ranger Boo Boo.

First it was Darwinism that bastardized science. That was followed by atheism bastardizing science.
Then in quick succession, we had global warming bastardizing science to the extent that it was renamed
*climate change*, as if that were more intellectual, more scientific.

Hot on the heels, we now have Fauci/Biden/CDC/Covid-19 bastardizing science and killing people by the thousands.
They're falling for it, worshipping it, dying for it.

FOLLY, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
THAT I WILL DIE FOR YOU!
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online roamer_1

First it was Darwinism that bastardized science. That was followed by atheism bastardizing science.
Then in quick succession, we had global warming bastardizing science to the extent that it was renamed
*climate change*, as if that were more intellectual, more scientific.

Hot on the heels, we now have Fauci/Biden/CDC/Covid-19 bastardizing science and killing people by the thousands.
They're falling for it, worshipping it, dying for it.

Science is always bastardized. In days of yore it was predicated by the desired outcome of rich patrons, lords and kings. And today it is predicated by the desired outcomes of rich patrons, government grants, and corporate imperatives.

Science has always walked a street corner, and always will.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Science is always bastardized. In days of yore it was predicated by the desired outcome of rich patrons, lords and kings. And today it is predicated by the desired outcomes of rich patrons, government grants, and corporate imperatives.

Science has always walked a street corner, and always will.

I am a little less jaded than that, because maybe that was my background, and education.   Those "bastards? are the reason our standards of living, life expectancies, and comfort levels are exponentially higher than they were even with our great grand parents. 

Watch a farmer harvest his 300 acres in two days, versus what it took a farmer a 100 years ago, which would have taken weeks.  Look at the tombstones, and  notice how many people live into their 80's versus a 100 years ago.  Enjoy the technological marvels we use and take for granted today, say even versus my own childhood.  I mean there will even be Briefers here, who will be having a thread about a manned Mars Mission in their lifetime.

Yeah, these climate scammers give science a bad name, but honestly, they aren't really science.  They are fabricated lies, data, and obfuscations that are meeting a left wing agenda.  Thiings have a way of leveling off, once the truth surfaces in earnest.  Myself, I am glad I got to live in now versus 100 years ago.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

I am a little less jaded than that, because maybe that was my background, and education.  Those "bastards? are the reason our standards of living, life expectancies, and comfort levels are exponentially higher than they were even with our great grand parents. 

Well first of all, I said science was bastardized and always has been. That is not saying scientists are bastards.

And as one who stands astride those generations you refer to, I can deny your statement and state emphatically that the foremost is profoundly preferred.

Longevity of life is questionable - Sure there has been some increase by way of medicine. But at what cost? Add up only death by tech (auto wrecks and the like) and death by doctor (malpractice, misdiagnosis, and the like), and you will find astronomical numbers.

And level of comfort has raised up a weak and slothful generation - Comfort is a disease.

Watch a farmer harvest his 300 acres in two days, versus what it took a farmer a 100 years ago, which would have taken weeks. 

To what end? A family used to raise up multiple generations, generations of double-digit children, self contained and independent, on a single farm. And much healthier and less prone to disease. 

Look at the tombstones, and  notice how many people live into their 80's versus a 100 years ago.  Enjoy the technological marvels we use and take for granted today, say even versus my own childhood.  I mean there will even be Briefers here, who will be having a thread about a manned Mars Mission in their lifetime.

I don't see it. And I am in a unique position to say that. I have spent most of my life stepping between the tech of the 1800s into the high tech of today. And I'll take being a cowboy or a trapper dragging a mule around any day.

Yeah, these climate scammers give science a bad name, but honestly, they aren't really science.  They are fabricated lies, data, and obfuscations that are meeting a left wing agenda.  Thiings have a way of leveling off, once the truth surfaces in earnest.  Myself, I am glad I got to live in now versus 100 years ago.

That is my point: Sham science has been a part of science all the way along. Deliberately. In my own field of study, archaeology and anthropology, the record is rife with bullshit... Bullshit on purpose... that has stained  our text books for decades, long decades after being proven stone dead wrong. That has always been the case, and has done nothing but increase into the modern age as information becomes more and more compartmentalized, people grow more ignorant of the real world and more confined and dumbed-down by modernity.

Most folks on this board have never been *FREE*. Most folks on this board will never know the vastness of this creation, and what it is to be away from all those modern 'comforts' and to walk in perfect liberty upon a wide land.

What has been traded for modernity can never be replaced, and it is by far the lessor life.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 01:34:46 pm by roamer_1 »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Well first of all, I said science was bastardized and always has been. That is not saying scientists are bastards.

And as one who stands astride those generations you refer to, I can deny your statement and state emphatically that the foremost is profoundly preferred.

Fair enough, that's your preference.  I have an old country background, have prepped, and can work the survival thing quite nicely.   So I guess I am getting the best of both worlds.

BTW, the next time you get a cut, and get a bad infection, let us know whether you handle and manage it with home remedies, and other 19th century technology.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

BTW, the next time you get a cut, and get a bad infection, let us know whether you handle and manage it with home remedies, and other 19th century technology.

I live by hillbilly and native medicine. And most of the time, it will do. Most of the time I get stitched up by a woman with a good sewing hand, and mostly I go to the doctor if something needs cut off or sewed back on.

My illness has found *no* profit in modern doctors, and what got me back up out of the wheelchair was not the 20 pills a day that I was prescribed... But rather, when I went back to the old ways, and to food as medicine, outside of a direct miracle by God, it's the old ways that got me up and sustained me these last 10 years.

It ain't perfect, and I am still mighty gimped up much of the time, but there is no cure from modern medicine. Quite the opposite.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I live by hillbilly and native medicine. And most of the time, it will do. Most of the time I get stitched up by a woman with a good sewing hand, and mostly I go to the doctor if something needs cut off or sewed back on.

My illness has found *no* profit in modern doctors, and what got me back up out of the wheelchair was not the 20 pills a day that I was prescribed... But rather, when I went back to the old ways, and to food as medicine, outside of a direct miracle by God, it's the old ways that got me up and sustained me these last 10 years.

It ain't perfect, and I am still mighty gimped up much of the time, but there is no cure from modern medicine. Quite the opposite.

Rock On Mountain Man...  More power to ya.    :beer:

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Fair enough, that's your preference (roamer).  I have an old country background, have prepped, and can work the survival thing quite nicely.   So I guess I am getting the best of both worlds.

NOBODY said all scientists are bastards. NOBODY said all science is worthless.
You put your words in others' mouths and then condemn your own misrepresentations.
That's what Darwinists and atheists do as they feign scientific positions.  That was my point.

Only a few domains represent the bastardization, and I named them.  Try to pay attention.
My background is science.  We all live with it and prosper because of it, despite a few exceptions
detracting from us all, chiefly *climate change*, or Marxism.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
NOBODY said all scientists are bastards. NOBODY said all science is worthless.
You put your words in others' mouths and then condemn your own misrepresentations.

That's what Darwinists and atheists do as they feign scientific positions.  That was my point.

Only a few domains represent the bastardization, and I named them.  Try to pay attention.
My background is science.  We all live with it and prosper because of it, despite a few exceptions
detracting from us all, chiefly *climate change*, or Marxism.

Amended after a bit of retrospection

I'd cover the concept of "inference" with you, but apparently you did not catch the intent.

(1) I too, am of a sciene background and training, and in fact had 6 Chem-E's working for me, when I retired as an Safety and Environmenatal Mgr. at a Petrochemical Plant 
(2) I have been the absolute most fiercest  crtic of the Global Warming Scam at TBR.  That fact can not be disputed.
(3) Words were not put in his mouth.  He was very clear of his mistrust, and subsequent no need for technology.   I respect that fact, and why at least now this is a free country.  We have our own needs and preferences.
(4) My comments to Roamer were in the vein, that though the prepper/backwood ways are the best overall key to survival in a SHTF scenario.  Discounting science across the board, in every day life, is a Spartan environment, that  at least IMO is unnecessary.
(5) My response to (4) is/was that I think at least in my case, both aspects of life are embraced, basically taking the best of both worlds.

I hope that gives you some clarification.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 04:42:55 pm by catfish1957 »