Author Topic: Clyburn: I Advise McCarthy to Make a Deal with Democrats for Speaker Votes  (Read 333 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clyburn: I Advise McCarthy to Make a Deal with Democrats for Speaker Votes

Pam Key 4 Dec 2022

Representative James Clyburn. (D-SC) said on this week’s broadcast on MSNBC’s “The Sunday Show” Republican leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy should make a deal with Democrats to get enough votes to become Speaker of the House.

Host Jonathan Capehart said, “Let’s talk about the disunity on the other side of the aisle. Current house minority leader, Kevin McCarthy, he is working hard to scare off the 218 votes he’s going to need on January 3, when they have the vote for the new House speaker. Do you think he’ll be successful in his quest for the speaker’s gavel?”

Clyburn said, “I think so. I don’t know so, but I think so. You know, he’s been there a long time. He’s been the leader for a long time. I think that he has those that allow him to put together the kind of deals that were necessary to get to 218. However, if there are seven or eight people who are not going to vote for him, I’d advise him to go and look on the other side of the aisle and see whether there are some deals over there to be made as well.”

Capehart said, “That’s interesting. What kind of deals?

Clyburn said, “We want to push an agenda that makes this country’s greatness accessible and affordable for all. I just talked about the South. I just talked about the parts of the South that can lift up so much of this. I think that we can sit down to get there, and we might be able to forge an agenda that would be acceptable to 218 people.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/12/04/clyburn-i-advise-mccarthy-to-make-a-deal-with-democrats-for-speaker-votes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Clyburn: I Advise McCarthy to Make a Deal with Democrats for Speaker Votes
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 04:49:45 pm »
And that is EXACTLY what he will do if he has to!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 04:55:15 pm »
For those slamming the Freedom Caucus like Levin.....  These kind of deals with dims is exactly why this SOB should not be speaker.

Which bears to ask......   Why isn't McCarthy negotiating with the FC for some concessions toward the conservative agenda?  Just asking....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 11:59:20 pm »
We need to make a deal with democrats, bi-partisan, compromise, show unity.  Since when doing that with democrats, has it turned out well for any other than democrats?  Do they think making word games of these situations they can get away with public betrayals forever?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 12:51:42 am »
Gee,THERE is a shock!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 12:53:26 am »
We need to make a deal with democrats, bi-partisan, compromise, show unity.  Since when doing that with democrats, has it turned out well for any other than democrats? Do they think making word games of these situations they can get away with public betrayals forever?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

@christian

Yes,and there can be no doubt that it has always worked for them before,so why wouldn't they think that?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!