Author Topic: Border Patrol Touts 'Largest' Fentanyl Bust, Enough to Kill Over 5M People  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol Touts 'Largest' Fentanyl Bust, Enough to Kill Over 5M People
BY FATMA KHALED ON 12/3/22 AT 5:54 PM EST

Chief Patrol Agent Gloria I. Chavez of the Rio Grande Valley Sector Border Patrol announced on Friday that Border Patrol agents were able to seize the "largest" amount of liquid fentanyl in United States history.

"Fentanyl Bust!!! Extremely proud of our #USBP agents & @NuecesCoSo [Nueces County Sheriff's Office] authorities who worked together, interdicted, & seized largest amount of liquid #fentanyl in the history of the #USA from a traffic stop in Robstown, Texas," Chavez tweeted.

Chavez said that authorities found 25 pounds, equivalent to three gallons, of the liquid fentanyl in a compartment within a gas tank. The seized fentanyl was worth a total of $1.8 million.

"This lethal amount is enough to kill a population of 5.665 million people which is 2 1/2 times the size of Houston, Texas!" the chief patrol agent added in a separate tweet.

https://www.newsweek.com/border-patrol-touts-largest-fentanyl-bust-enough-kill-over-5m-people-1764427?piano_t=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson