Author Topic: Philadelphia approves "permanent" 10 pm curfew  (Read 798 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Philadelphia approves "permanent" 10 pm curfew
« on: December 04, 2022, 04:23:52 pm »
Philadelphia approves "permanent" 10 pm curfew
Jazz Shaw 2:31 PM on December 03, 2022

Every time you asked a Democrat or one of their MSM stenographers about the rising crime rates in America’s cities during the run-up to the midterm elections, you were told that it was a mirage. It’s not really that bad. These are just Republican talking points. New York’s Governor even expressed disbelief as to why anyone would even bring it up. Perhaps someone should point these people to the current situation in the City of Brotherly Love. (A tragically hilarious name given the current circumstances.) If things are going so well, why would the City Council vote to make the 10 pm curfew that was in place for almost everyone under the age of 18 all summer permanent? And yet that’s what happened on Thursday and one of the Democrats who voted in favor of the measure specifically called out the city’s rampant crime rates and the threat crime poses to her own child as the reason. (CBS Philadelphia)

Philadelphia’s summertime curfew could soon become permanent. City council passed a bill Thursday afternoon that would make the summer curfew permanent.

Councilmember Katherine Gilmore Richardson proposed the legislation and is a mother herself.

Gilmore Richardson says her goal is to protect Philadelphia’s young people who all too often fall victim to the city’s violence.

“There are too many young people who have been involved in crime or criminal incidents simply because they have been out late at night,” she said.

The curfew was put in place because more crime is committed under the cover of darkness. The curfew itself should be seen as a tacit admission that Philadelphia is simply too dangerous and the government is unable to keep its residents safe. Moving to make the curfew permanent is essentially another admission that they can’t (or won’t) do anything about it and things won’t be getting better any time soon.

more
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/12/03/philadelphia-approves-permanent-10-pm-curfew-n515339
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Philadelphia approves "permanent" 10 pm curfew
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 04:27:17 pm »
Permanent curfew for minors under 18 y.o.?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 04:33:40 pm »
Talk about a cop out.  Rather than address the problem, just cage 'em up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 04:34:20 pm »
Permanent curfew for minors under 18 y.o.?

Wonder if they have employment and emergency exemptions?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 05:15:48 pm »
Whatever happened to midnight basketball? Did the thugs using it as skeet practice put an end to it?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 08:29:12 pm »
Given that I have read about so many Philly cops putting in their retirement papers or just quitting and moving away to police jobs in other areas and states,just exactly  HOW do they plan on enforcing this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 08:31:13 pm »
Whatever happened to midnight basketball? Did the thugs using it as skeet practice put an end to it?

@GtHawk

Dey cud onlie afford one,and sumbodie done stolen hit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 01:15:53 am »
I fail to see how a curfew works if you don't enforce the current situation in the first place.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 01:25:39 am »
Just like elections, defunding the police has consequences....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 01:28:45 am »
Talk about a cop out.  Rather than address the problem, just cage 'em up.
Yeah. Now the crime scenes will all be indoors...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis