Author Topic: US Army secretary: 5 lessons from the Ukraine conflict  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army secretary: 5 lessons from the Ukraine conflict
« on: December 04, 2022, 12:51:50 pm »
US Army secretary: 5 lessons from the Ukraine conflict

From drones to cell phones, the US Army is watching Russia's stumbles closely, so it doesn't repeat them in a future conflict.
By   ANDREW EVERSDEN
on June 01, 2022 at 7:11 AM

WASHINGTON: Russia’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine has provided US Army leaders several lessons in the future of warfare, from how to command troops to safeguarding soldiers against drones and insecure communications, according to the service’s top civilian.

“We are very much looking every single day in real-time at what’s happening in Ukraine, what we’re seeing with the Russian military and trying to glean as many lessons learned as we can for what we think that means for the Army in the future,” Wormuth said.

Army leaders have said that its massive modernization effort, which predated the Russian invasion and ranges from helicopters to secure communications, has been validated by the conflict. The fighting has also raised questions about the potential for a permanent presence of US soldiers in Europe to further deter Russia. Speaking today at the Atlantic Council, she said those conversations are ongoing.

“The heart of the discussion right now is sort of what is the best and most effective way to provide deterrence,” Wormuth said. “I do think you will see an enhanced posture overall when we are on the other side of this.”

Meanwhile, as the conflict heads into its fourth month, Wormuth highlighted five main lesson areas that have stood out in the Army’s view.

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/06/us-army-secretary-5-lessons-from-the-ukraine-conflict/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:52:51 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Army secretary: 5 lessons from the Ukraine conflict
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 12:55:18 pm »
Does leadership from the airconditioned comfort of the Pentagon matter?  If it does, the US is in a world of hurt. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson