Author Topic: Pentagon Getting First Senate-Confirmed Watchdog in 7 Years  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon Getting First Senate-Confirmed Watchdog in 7 Years
« on: December 04, 2022, 01:14:38 pm »
Pentagon Getting First Senate-Confirmed Watchdog in 7 Years

1 Dec 2022
Military.com | By Rebecca Kheel

The Pentagon will get its first permanent watchdog in nearly seven years after the Senate confirmed President Joe Biden's pick for the job more than a year after his nomination.

The Senate on Wednesday evening voted 92-3 to confirm Robert Storch, the current inspector general at the National Security Agency, to become the Defense Department's inspector general. The three "no" votes came from Republican Sens. Mike Braun of Indiana, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Josh Hawley of Missouri.

Storch will step into the role responsible for keeping an eye on the Pentagon's $800 billion-plus budget as the department remains unable to pass an audit and calls grow for greater oversight of the billions extra in funding to support Ukraine that Congress has given the agency.

Storch's approval gives the Pentagon its first Senate-confirmed inspector general since the end of the Obama administration in January 2016.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/12/01/pentagon-getting-first-senate-confirmed-watchdog-7-years.html 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson