Author Topic: Joe Biden Pushes for South Carolina to Displace Iowa as First State in Presidential Nomination Prima  (Read 749 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Pushes for South Carolina to Displace Iowa as First State in Presidential Nomination Primary

Charlie Spiering 2 Dec 2022

President Joe Biden asked Democrats on Friday to make South Carolina the first primary state for the Democrat presidential nomination, displacing Iowa.

The president sent a letter to party leaders detailing his preference for South Carolina to be first, citing the racial diversity of the state.

“As I said in February 2020, you cannot be the Democratic nominee and win a general election unless you have overwhelming support from voters of color — and that includes Black, Brown and Asian American & Pacific Islander voters,” Biden’s letter to Democrats read, insisting that “voters of color have a voice” earlier in the primary process.

Under Biden’s proposed schedule, South Carolina would be first, followed by New Hampshire, Nevada, Georgia, and then Michigan.

Democrats have complained that Iowa and New Hampshire are mostly white and do not properly represent the party.

If Democrats adopt Biden’s recommendation, it would upend decades of the traditional Iowa caucuses making a heavy impact on the ultimate choice for president.

Former President Barack Obama famously won Iowa in 2007 over Hillary Clinton, catapulting him to political stardom.

In the 2020 cycle, Biden lost big in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada before surging back in the South Carolina primary, propelled by black voters and an endorsement from Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC).

The altered primary calendar could also have a heavy impact on future candidates.

If Vice President Kamala Harris ran for president, she would have a stronger showing in South Carolina with the support of black Democrats.

Rising Democrat stars like Pete Buttigieg, who narrowly won the Iowa caucuses in 2020, would face a tougher primary fight if South Carolina was first.

The primary calendar shuffle would also hurt the rise of a more leftist candidate such as Sen. Bernie Sanders, who did well in Iowa and won New Hampshire and Nevada, prompting the Democrat establishment to panic when it looked like he could win.

Biden has never been accepted by Iowa Democrats, despite his effort to portray himself as a candidate of the working class.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/02/joe-biden-pushes-south-carolina-displace-iowa-first-state-presidential-nomination-primary/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

If racial diversity is what he's after, then it should be Nevada, New Jersey, Illinois, etc.

Biden just wants to start the democrat primaries in a place where 60% of the voters are black. 

Offline EdinVA

Correction... Bidens puppet masters told biden to push for SC... biden has no clue

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
He got clocked in Iowa, and probably would again if challenged, so President Snow wants to rearrange the Rat universe to suit him.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 2, 2022 12:07pm EST

Democrats meet to act on Biden proposal to upend party’s 2024 presidential nominating calendar
President Biden proposes South Carolina lead off Democrats’ primary calendar, with New Hampshire and Nevada both going second

By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

Democratic Party officials are huddling in the nation’s capital on Friday on a mission to revamp the top of their 2024 presidential nominating calendar, a move that could have major consequences for the party beyond their primary schedule in the next White House race.

On the eve of Democratic National Committee’s Rules and Bylaws Committee meeting Friday and Saturday, President Biden weighed in with his proposals for radically revamping the primary schedule, breaking with a half century of tradition.

Biden, who as the titular head of the Democratic Party is the most powerful player in the process, had kept quiet for weeks, but sources with knowledge of the Rules and Bylaws Committee’s workings confirmed to Fox News that the panel’s co-chairs on Thursday evening announced the president’s preferences during a private dinner.

The president’s proposal would see South Carolina lead off the 2024 Democratic presidential nominating calendar with a primary on Feb. 6, followed by New Hampshire and Nevada jointly holding their contests one week later, on Feb. 13, according to the sources. Georgia would vote on Feb. 20, followed by Michigan on Feb. 27. According to party rules, only states with special permission — known as carve out states — can hold nominating contests before the DNC’s primary window begins in March of a presidential election year.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-meet-act-biden-proposal-upend-partys-2024-presidential-nominating-calendar
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I wouldn't mind it if the RNC did this also.

Offline libertybele

Follow the leader??  ..."For years, Democrats have knocked Iowa and New Hampshire as being unrepresentative of the party as a whole for being largely White with few major urban areas, while the Democratic voting bloc has attracted more minorities over the past several decades....."

It's being done to appease the Black voting base.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Living in Iowa, and having been fairly high in the state GOP, plus running several caucuses back in the day - I agree. Can't say I was ever the biggest fan simply because it sucked up so much resources and attention that the other offices were all but forgotten back in the day.

Iowa more sorts out the losers rather than picking the winners anymore, and as the caucus has become less and less important, it has allowed the conservative GOP to achieve near dominance in the state now that proper attention is paid to state politics.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Follow the leader??  ..."For years, Democrats have knocked Iowa and New Hampshire as being unrepresentative of the party as a whole for being largely White with few major urban areas, while the Democratic voting bloc has attracted more minorities over the past several decades....."

It's being done to appease the Black voting base.

I would expect you'd be for this since the South is the cradle of conservatism.

Online roamer_1

[...] the South is the cradle of conservatism.

No, it is not.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ernst: Democrats Gave Midwest the ‘Middle Finger’ with Iowa Caucus Decision

Pam Key4 Dec 20225
1:24

Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) said on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that Democrats gave the midwest the “middle finger” after the Democratic National Committee voted to move the nation’s first caucus from Iowa to South Carolina.

Host Shannon Bream said, “Let’s talk about Iowa, long the in the country for the political caucuses. President Biden now says the private counter needs to change to represent voters and Americans more broadly. The Republican Party of Iowa says the DNC and Joe Biden have just kicked off utter chaos. The president says Democrats are going to get a better candidate who’s going to be more broadly, interesting and somebody that is going to garner votes for them in the general should Republicans consider changing from Iowa?”

Ernst said, “Absolutely not.”

Senator Angus King (I-ME) said, “What do you think she is going to say? Give me a break.”

Ernst continued, “I am sorely disappointed Democrats chose not to have Iowa as their first-in-the-nation caucus.”

She added, “We have seen a number of pushes in the past to change this. I’m glad that Republicans are staying the course. I feel Democrats have really given middle America the middle finger.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/12/04/ernst-democrats-gave-midwest-the-middle-finger-with-iowa-caucus-decision/
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
The problem is Joni, what are we staying the course for?
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
So Joe wants to  openly change elections to favor democrats open biases and prejudices, why does that not surprise me? While they preach at opposition that they do not have said biases prejudices.
Open hypocrites, in yer faces, who be they?
 :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions