Author Topic: Supreme Court Justices Question Biden Administration’s Reckless Border Policy  (Read 283 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Supreme Court Justices Question Biden Administration’s Reckless Border Policy

Hans von Spakovsky / @HvonSpakovsky / Cully Stimson / @cullystimson / December 01, 2022

The Supreme Court heard oral arguments Tuesday in a lawsuit filed by Texas and Louisiana over Biden administration guidelines that severely restricted the Department of Homeland Security’s enforcement of federal immigration law against illegal aliens.

Twenty other states supported Texas and Louisiana with amicus briefs, ranging from Arizona to Florida and West Virginia to Wyoming. The Biden administration was appealing a federal district court judge’s ruling vacating its Sept. 30, 2021, guidelines nationwide after the judge concluded they violated U.S. law. 

The guidelines are remarkably forthright in admitting the administration’s intent to minimize enforcement efforts and to remove as few illegal aliens—“undocumented noncitizens,” the guidelines call them—as possible.

According to the administration, the misnamed “enforcement” efforts of the Department of Homeland Security are to be “guided by the fact that the majority of undocumented noncitizens who could be subject to removal have been contributing members of our communities for years” and the fact that they are here illegally “should not alone be the basis of an enforcement action against them.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/12/01/supreme-court-justices-question-biden-administrations-reckless-border-policy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
By that logic, someone who has been dealing drugs for years should not be arrested, not to mention those stealing the taxpayers blind.

Laws are worthless without enforcement. Those sworn to uphold the law are violating their oaths in the most egregious fashion possible.

Needless to say, they should be removed from office, and if those who walked in the Capitol 1/6 can be accused of "insurrection", then "Treason" is not too strong a word for those who have been tasked with preventing invasion but have facilitated it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline BellyAche

“undocumented noncitizens” ????  Playing with words again.

Folks dealing drugs may become, "questionable drug distributors"!

Illegal is ILLEGAL!!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt