Author Topic: Oil And Gas Firms Warn Of Complete Operational Collapse In North Sea  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY GEORGE MCMILLAN ON DEC 1, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Oil And Gas Firms Warn Of Complete Operational Collapse In North Sea

North Sea oil exploration firms have told the Treasury that they face going out of business due to the 75% windfall tax imposed on them in the Chancellor’s autumn statement.

GB News economics and business editor Liam Halligan revealed that Brindex, which represents the firms, has written to Chancellor Jeremy Hunt to warn that their members face ruin.

“These aren’t the big oil majors like Shell and BP,” Liam revealed on GB News on Tuesday afternoon. [emphasis, links added]

“These are the smaller British companies that work the North Sea for oil and gas and may in fact account for about 60 or 70% of the gas and oil that is extracted from the North Sea.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/oil-and-gas-firms-warn-of-complete-operational-collapse-in-north-sea/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson