Author Topic: Former Speaker John Boehner spotted at Capitol as Kevin McCarthy’s fate hangs in the balance  (Read 594 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Speaker John Boehner spotted at Capitol as Kevin McCarthy’s fate hangs in the balance
December 1, 2022 | Chris Donaldson

The chances of current Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy assuming the gavel from Nancy Pelosi when the new GOP minority officially takes over are hanging in the balance amid opposition from some lawmakers, and in another plot twist, former Speaker of the House John Boehner was sighted at the Capitol on Wednesday.

McCarthy has yet to secure the 218 votes necessary to become the next Speaker, casting doubt on whether he will be the one who leads House Republicans who narrowly retook the lower chamber despite expectations of a “red wave” that would sweep out power-abusing Democrats and usher in a new era of conservative dominance, a disappointing result despite the deep unpopularity of President Joe Biden and his policies that left many laying the blame on his uninspiring leadership style and failure to capitalize despite a historically favorable political environment.

With McCarthy having trouble closing the deal, the Boehner spotting led to speculation that the Ohio Republican who held the speakership from 2011 to 2015 could end up with the job again when the 118th Congress begins its work.

With the U.S. Constitution being vague about whether the Speaker of House has to actually be a sitting member of Congress, some asked why not Boehner?

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/12/01/former-speaker-john-boehner-spotted-at-capitol-as-kevin-mccarthys-fate-hangs-in-the-balance-1313536/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Former Speaker John Boehner spotted at Capitol as Kevin McCarthy’s fate hangs in the balance
December 1, 2022 | Chris Donaldson

The chances of current Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy assuming the gavel from Nancy Pelosi when the new GOP minority officially takes over are hanging in the balance amid opposition from some lawmakers, and in another plot twist, former Speaker of the House John Boehner was sighted at the Capitol on Wednesday.

McCarthy has yet to secure the 218 votes necessary to become the next Speaker, casting doubt on whether he will be the one who leads House Republicans who narrowly retook the lower chamber despite expectations of a “red wave” that would sweep out power-abusing Democrats and usher in a new era of conservative dominance, a disappointing result despite the deep unpopularity of President Joe Biden and his policies that left many laying the blame on his uninspiring leadership style and failure to capitalize despite a historically favorable political environment.

With McCarthy having trouble closing the deal, the Boehner spotting led to speculation that the Ohio Republican who held the speakership from 2011 to 2015 could end up with the job again when the 118th Congress begins its work.

With the U.S. Constitution being vague about whether the Speaker of House has to actually be a sitting member of Congress, some asked why not Boehner?

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/12/01/former-speaker-john-boehner-spotted-at-capitol-as-kevin-mccarthys-fate-hangs-in-the-balance-1313536/

OMG!!!  When is this political nightmare going to end???  Evil keeps prevailing.  I can't think of anyone worse than Boehner, other than maybe Ryan.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
OMG!!!  When is this political nightmare going to end???  Evil keeps prevailing.  I can't think of anyone worse than Boehner, other than maybe Ryan.
9999hair out0000 Nightmare is right.  Go home Boehner!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pure speculation, based on nothing.  If they are tying to bring back someone, I see the GOP pulling in the former Whip and House Majority Leader, Eric Cantor before Boehner.  But, this, too, is moot.  I don't expect McCarthy to let go of his shot at the Speakership.

Boehner is probably assisting with negotiations (and threats).

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The GOP is nothng but democratic Lite.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
As i have said for many years, of the globalist of BOTH sides, there is no a difference the thinkness of a sheet of paper between them.Except those fishing for gullible fools, demanding democrats sole rule is better than both parties being forced to horse trade over legislation.  There are the stupid beyond belief.
 :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions