Author Topic: Texas DPS intercepts human smuggling attempt, discover 18 illegal immigrants in truck tractor  (Read 164 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
TEXAS Published November 29, 2022 2:43pm EST

Texas DPS intercepts human smuggling attempt, discover 18 illegal immigrants in truck tractor
The driver was allegedly attempting to smuggle the illegal immigrants from Laredo to San Antonio
Bradford Betz By Bradford Betz | Fox News

Texas authorities last week thwarted a human smuggling attempt after discovering 18 illegal immigrants crammed into a truck tractor during an inspection.

On Monday, Nov. 21, 2022, a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper stopped a blue truck tractor on IH 24 in La Salle County for a commercial motor vehicle safety inspection.

During the inspection, the driver admitted to having people inside the truck, according to a Texas DPS spokesman. The trooper searched the truck and discovered 18 illegal immigrants packed inside the cab of the truck.

Texas DPS said the group comprised 15 males and three females, all of whom were from Mexico. The driver – later identified as Curtis Wayne of Mississippi – was arrested on human smuggling charges. Texas DPS said Wayne had been attempting to smuggle the illegal immigrants from Laredo to San Antonio.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-dps-intercepts-human-smuggling-attempt-discover-18-illegal-immigrants-truck-tractor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson