Author Topic: Here Are The Twelve Republicans Who Joined Democrats to Codify Same-Sex Marriage Protections  (Read 171 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Twelve Republicans joined Democrats in the Senate, Tuesday, to pass a bill that would codify same-sex marriage protections.

The Senate passed the Respect for Marriage Act by a 61-36 margin. Sens. Raphael Warnock (D-GA), Ben Sasse (R-NE) and Pat Toomey (R-PA) did not vote.

Here are the Republicans who voted for the legislation:

Richard Burr (NC)

Shelley Moore Capito (WV)

Susan Collins (ME)

Joni Ernst (IA)

Cynthia Lummis (WY)

Lisa Murkowski (AK)

Rob Portman (OH)

Mitt Romney (UT)

Dan Sullivan (AK)

Thom Tillis (NC)

Todd Young (IN)

Burr and Portman are retiring after the end of the current Congress, or Jan. 3, 2023.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/here-are-the-twelve-republicans-who-joined-democrats-to-codify-same-sex-marriage-protections/

-----------

Same 12 who voted to advance the bill, including my Senator Joni Ernst. I do no know what is wrong with her, but she won't get my vote next cycle, and if she's got a worthy primary opponent, I will be vocal.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Idiot

Twelve Republicans joined Democrats in the Senate, Tuesday, to pass a bill that would codify same-sex marriage protections.

The Senate passed the Respect for Marriage Act by a 61-36 margin. Sens. Raphael Warnock (D-GA), Ben Sasse (R-NE) and Pat Toomey (R-PA) did not vote.

Here are the Republicans who voted for the legislation:

Richard Burr (NC)

Shelley Moore Capito (WV)

Susan Collins (ME)

Joni Ernst (IA)

Cynthia Lummis (WY)

Lisa Murkowski (AK)

Rob Portman (OH)

Mitt Romney (UT)

Dan Sullivan (AK)

Thom Tillis (NC)

Todd Young (IN)

Burr and Portman are retiring after the end of the current Congress, or Jan. 3, 2023.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/here-are-the-twelve-republicans-who-joined-democrats-to-codify-same-sex-marriage-protections/

-----------

Same 12 who voted to advance the bill, including my Senator Joni Ernst. I do no know what is wrong with her, but she won't get my vote next cycle, and if she's got a worthy primary opponent, I will be vocal.
LOLOLOL...Warnock didn't vote...can't imagine why...