Author Topic: Disney Misspells 'Santa' in New Christmas Series, But Viewers Aren't Convinced It's a Jok  (Read 212 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Disney Misspells 'Santa' in New Christmas Series, But Viewers Aren't Convinced It's a Joke
C. Douglas Golden, The Western Journal   
Published November 29, 2022 at 7:15am

It’s a joke that goes back, at the very least, to Dana Carvey’s “Church Lady” character on “Saturday Night Live”: Yes, the letters in “Santa” can be rearranged to spell “Satan.” Har, har. Hilarious if it’s the first time you’ve heard it, which is probably at the age of 10.

The thing is, when Disney does it in 2022, audiences are less convinced it’s a joke.

I must confess that I’ve yet to see the miniseries that’s causing the hubbub. “The Santa Clauses” is a six-episode comedy that began being rolled out earlier this month on the streaming service Disney+.

The show updates Tim Allen’s mildly funny “Santa Clause” movies for the 2020s, complete with Allen’s character searching to find a replacement as he realizes his time as that ripe, jolly old elf is coming to a close. In another two years, we’ll be seeing new entries in the “Santa Clause” extended cinematic universe, given how Disney treats its intellectual property these days.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/disney-misspells-santa-new-christmas-series-viewers-arent-convinced-joke
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 06:49:42 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
Disney Misspells 'Santa' in New Christmas Series, But Viewers Aren't Convinced It's a Joke
C. Douglas Golden, The Western Journal

To me, it sounds like a "camel's nose under the tent."

"Santa" being misspelled as "Satan",
and then the children praising Satan instead of Santa,
is being portrayed as a mistake that everyone laughs at,
and then goes on with the corrected version.

But considering how, for the last hundred years,
the media have been weaving subtle propaganda
into their entertainment programming,
I'm inclined to believe that Disney's intent in doing this
is to slip Satan worship into the culture -
very subtly at first,
but gradually becoming more and more acceptable,
until ultimately, they will make it mandatory.

Pretty much like they've done with
homosexuality, transgenderism,
and any number of other cultural norms.

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao