Author Topic: EVs Only Displaced 2 Days Worth of Gas Consumption Over the Last Decade  (Read 183 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EVs Only Displaced 2 Days Worth of Gas Consumption Over the Last Decade
Story by Erin Marquis • Yesterday 4:30 PM

The lab comes at you with some interesting and ultimately depressing numbers. While EVs have grown in popularity since 2010, they still only represent four percent of the market at the end of 2021. Americans bought 2.1 million plug-in vehicles, including 1.3 million battery EVs, in the last decade.

Globally, EVs are selling even better, with 26 million predicted to be roaming international roads by year’s end, according to experts. Within the U.S., only 12 states are really carrying EV adoption forward, with 38.9 percent of all American EVs being registered in California. Right now, EVs make up one percent of all vehicles on the road, but have only reduced gasoline consumption half a percent thanks to dropping PH

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/evs-only-displaced-2-days-worth-of-gas-consumption-over-the-last-decade/ar-AA14F6sp?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=38bf906bb8a94162827048c4585416d2
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 06:33:51 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: EVs Only Displaced 2 Days Worth of Gas Consumption Over the Last Decade
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 07:08:02 pm »
They haven't done anything other than move the "fossil" fuel consumption from one place to another.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien