Author Topic: WH Press Sec: President Biden Did Not Mean Semiautomatic Firearms When He Said Semiautomatic Firearm  (Read 819 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH Press Sec: President Biden Did Not Mean Semiautomatic Firearms When He Said Semiautomatic Firearms

AWR Hawkins 29 Nov 2022

On Monday White House press secretary Karin Jean-Pierre said President Biden’s Thanksgiving Day criticism of semiautomatic firearms was actually meant to be directed toward “assault weapons.”

Real Clear Politics noted that their reporter, Philip Wegmann, asked Jean-Pierre about Biden’s comment:

The president has said repeatedly that he wants to ban assault weapons, but on Thanksgiving when he was in Nantucket, he said: “The idea that we still allow the purchase of semi-automatic weapons in this country today is sick.”

Obviously, that is a huge category of guns from rifles to pistols to shotguns that are not assault weapons.

Did the president misspeak, or does he in fact want to ban all semi-automatic guns?

Jean-Pierre responded, “No. He was talking about assault weapons. That’s what he was talking about on that morning or afternoon when he was asked that question.”

Breitbart News reported that Biden was talking to reporters on the morning of Thanksgiving Day when he criticized the fact that semiautomatic firearms are sold in gun stores and other retail outlets in America.

Biden said, “The idea we still allow semiautomatic weapons to be purchased is sick. It has no social redeeming value.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/29/wh-press-sec-president-biden-did-not-mean-semiautomatic-firearms-he-said-semiautomatic-firearms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

What the Sam Hill is an "assault" weapon? Do those idiots in the White House really believe we're running around with fully automatic machine guns here in flyover country?  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What the Sam Hill is an "assault" weapon? Do those idiots in the White House really believe we're running around with fully automatic machine guns here in flyover country?  :silly:
To liberals a assault weapon is any scary looking(no longer has to be black) weapon whether it is a semi-auto or select fire, most importantly any gun capable of holding a magazine of greater than 10 rounds. I'm sure they would love to force Americans into having only single shot muskets and pistols that they think were the only thing available when the 2nd Amendment was written.

Offline andy58-in-nh

My Ruger .22 has a 30-round magazine. Does that make it an "assault weapon"?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My Ruger .22 has a 30-round magazine. Does that make it an "assault weapon"?
Why yes, yes it does to a democrat, and Lord help if if it also has a suppressor.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe didn't mean what he clearly said, and hes gonna ram it down your throats to prove it!
It doesn't matter, anything Joes says or does has to be better than anything Trump did or does.
 22222frying pan 22222frying pan 22222frying pan :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: 22222frying pan 22222frying pan 22222frying pan :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang:
  Remember useful fools?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What the Sam Hill is an "assault" weapon?

@mountaineer

Anything you use to assault someone else.

Could be a hammer,a screwdriver,a pot of boiling spaghetti,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Oh I think Biden certainly wants all guns taken away from citizens, from semi-auto to single shot shotguns... Pellet/bb guns are not off his radar. He just spoke it out loud a little sooner than his groomers wanted him to. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

Oh I think Biden certainly wants all guns taken away from citizens, from semi-auto to single shot shotguns... Pellet/bb guns are not off his radar. He just spoke it out loud a little sooner than his groomers wanted him to. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"WH Press Sec: President Biden Did Not Mean Semiautomatic Firearms When He Said Semiautomatic Firearm"

Oh yes he did.

Offline andy58-in-nh

"WH Press Sec: President Biden Did Not Mean Semiautomatic Firearms When He Said Semiautomatic Firearm"

Oh yes he did.

Without a doubt. 

The Left always tells you what they want and fully expect their adversaries won't think that they really mean it.

And when you accuse them of meaning to do what they actually said, they accuse you of being a crazy conspiracy theorist... right up until the moment that they actually do it.

At which point, you become an "Enemy of Progress" or of "humanity" or whatever abstract BS they need to further conflate tyranny with security, and to justify their lust for power.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
You will know when the legislation goes through and Biden clearly meant semi-automatic.  Of course,as usual, those that lie for JOE will count it as another clever manipulation to sukker the public into letting Joe and democrats get what they want.  Democrats lying to the public to get what they want has been so successful, it should any more be a given tactic, as well as the fools that aid and abet Joe.
The useful fools know their place, remain silent afterward.
 :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

Without a doubt. 

The Left always tells you what they want and fully expect their adversaries won't think that they really mean it.

And when you accuse them of meaning to do what they actually said, they accuse you of being a crazy conspiracy theorist... right up until the moment that they actually do it.

At which point, you become an "Enemy of Progress" or of "humanity" or whatever abstract BS they need to further conflate tyranny with security, and to justify their lust for power.

The DEMS = party of abstract BS.   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Isn't the sale of automatic weapons already forbidden?

Semi-automatic weapons could be handguns or long-barrel rifiles.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Killer Clouds

Isn't the sale of automatic weapons already forbidden?

Semi-automatic weapons could be handguns or long-barrel rifiles.
You can buy, sell and own full automatic weapons if you have the proper license.