Author Topic: Letters: Ugly, disruptive and unreliable: the reality of onshore wind farms  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Letters: Ugly, disruptive and unreliable: the reality of onshore wind farms
Opinion by Letters to the Editor • Yesterday 7:01 PM

SIR – In 2012 our community was “blessed” with an industrial wind turbine (Letters, November 28), which stands 300 ft above us, blighting the South Downs National Park.

Despite the developer’s original claims, it produces just 17 per cent of its rated output (the term is “load factor”). Likewise, despite prior assurances of silence, it whumps incessantly with a medium-strength prevailing southerly wind.

At the planning inquiry the developer bolstered the application by claiming that the device would perform an educational function. It has certainly achieved that objective.

Dr Rosie Boxer

Ringmer, East Sussex

SIR – At a photo shoot in the late 1980s, I stood next to the first ever large commercial wind turbine blade.

As I was chatting to the visionary who developed it, he remarked: “This technology will work – it’s just that we don’t know how strongly and regularly the wind will blow.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/uknews/letters-ugly-disruptive-and-unreliable-the-reality-of-onshore-wind-farms/ar-AA14FiY1?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2bdeae5791944a22b9cf75cf9f4211d9
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 01:38:21 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
GASP!  They were lied to!  Who would have thought that would happen???

*hmmmm*
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus