Author Topic: Counting the FTX 'Boy Wonder's' Dirty Money  (Read 186 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Counting the FTX 'Boy Wonder's' Dirty Money
« on: November 29, 2022, 12:48:38 pm »
...Enter Terry Duffy, CEO of the CME Group, who was approached by Boy Wonder in March to entertain a potential business arrangement that Duffy immediately sensed would have been a "biblical disaster."   "I knew this was a joke," he said, telling Sam Bankman-Fried that "you're a fraud, an absolute fraud."  Duffy wondered why the Commodities Future Trading Commission appeared to be pushing through FTX's request to ease regulatory trading requirements.

On May 12, 2022, Duffy testified before the House Agriculture Committee in opposition to the FTX proposal and walked into an antagonistic, vitriolic attack from Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.).  Daring to know the difference between capital and market requirements better than Khanna, Duffy was reminded that he was under oath and then accused by Khanna of "making false statements" to the Congress.  That's how Democrats help out their donors...

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/11/counting_the_ftx_boy_wonders_dirty_money.html

-----------

Finally glad someone is recognizing that SBF wasn't a boy wonder genius, MIT degree not withstanding. Riffing as young and tech-savvy doesn't mean squat in the financial world, because it's just as if not more complex than the computer tech world, and SBF wasn't smart enough to play. The really smart ones leave no tracks, this guy was a sloppy drunk in comparison.

An enterprising conservative could expose alot of dirty Congresspeople on both sides, as well as high ranking bureaucrats. I think this one goes pretty far down the hole. They could clean out alot of the deep dirty Swamp.

Not holding my breath.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/11/counting_the_ftx_boy_wonders_dirty_money.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 12:50:14 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Counting the FTX 'Boy Wonder's' Dirty Money
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 01:09:18 pm »
@Free Vulcan

An enterprising conservative could expose alot of dirty Congresspeople on both sides, as well as high ranking bureaucrats. I think this one goes pretty far down the hole. They could clean out alot of the deep dirty Swamp.

Which is why it will never happen. "Too big to bust" is a VERY real thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 08:47:17 pm »
"Regime Media SHILLS for FTX scammer— Jesse Watters and Tulsi Gabbard make them instantly regret it 🔥" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1598762506213683200

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 09:05:50 pm »
I don't want to sound hard-hearted,but the naked truth is EVERYBODY that invested money with him was looking to get what amounts to "a LOT of something for a little bit of nothing".

ANY time you invest money your goal is to make HUGE profits. Is there any other reason to invest your savings other than to make massive profits,or to make sure the massive profits you have already made aren't taxed?

One of the basic rules of survival in life states that "If it sounds too good to be true,most likely it isn't."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!