Author Topic: True Colors: J6 Staff Lash Out at Liz Cheney for Allegedly Burying Parts of the Investigation  (Read 611 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
JONATHAN TURLEY 11/25/2022

True Colors: J6 Staff Lash Out at Liz Cheney for Allegedly Burying Parts of the Investigation

There is a deepening division on the J6 Committee as staffers turn on Liz Cheney over the final report on the January 6th riot. Angry rhetoric is flying with staffers accusing the Committee of becoming a “Cheney 2024 campaign” while both the Cheney spokesperson and Committee spokesperson lashed out at the staff members as “disgruntled” and producing shoddy or biased work. The underlying issue, however, is important and revealing. The Committee’s color coated teams include a “Blue Team” on the failure to prepare adequately for the riot. That part of the investigation is reportedly being dumped or reduced.  Members of the “Green” and “Purple” teams are also reportedly irate.

Cheney was soundly defeated in her primary in Wyoming and will soon leave Congress. She is being pushed by some Democrats as a possible surprise candidate for House Speaker if they could get a few Republican votes. That seems highly unlikely. The Republicans are likely to end up with the identical margin held by the Democrats for the past two years. Alternatively, some Democrats want Cheney to run for president either to dog Donald Trump in the primary debates or to run as an independent to siphon off votes in the general election.

That seems to be the suspicion for some staffers in the Washington Post story.

Fifteen former and current staffers, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, expressed concerns that important findings unrelated to Trump will not become available to the American public…

Several committee staff members were floored earlier this month when they were told that a draft report would focus almost entirely on Trump and the work of the committee’s “Gold Team,” excluding reams of other investigative work.

Potentially left on the cutting room floor, or relegated to an appendix, were many revelations from the “Blue Team” — the group that dug into the law enforcement and intelligence community’s failure to assess the looming threat and prepare for the well-forecast attack on the Capitol. The proposed report would also cut back on much of the work of the Green Team, which looked at financing for the Jan. 6 attack, and the Purple Team, which examined militia groups and extremism.

“We all came from prestigious jobs, dropping what we were doing because we were told this would be an important fact-finding investigation that would inform the public,” said one former committee staffer. “But when [the committee] became a Cheney 2024 campaign, many of us became discouraged.”

If true, the report will largely track the virtual exclusive focus of the hearings with open references to the 2024 election as an overriding concern.

More: https://jonathanturley.org/2022/11/25/true-colors-j6-staff-lash-out-at-liz-cheney-for-allegedly-burying-parts-of-the-investigation/

Offline mountaineer

What a clown show. Hard to imagine Liz thinks she's presidential material, but just look where we are.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liz Cheney is a perpetually 'angry' psychopath. She is mentally ill. She buried herself with her unquenchable hatred of Trump and anything related to Trump. She will die with her furious hate unfulfilled. In her death, she will curse both God and Satan for being too soft on Trump, while she foams at the mouth.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What a clown show. Hard to imagine Liz thinks she's presidential material, but just look where we are.  **nononono*

@mountaineer

Of course she is presidential material. You DO know who her daddy is,right?

She bees hintitled,bitches!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Liz Cheney is a perpetually 'angry' psychopath. She is mentally ill. She buried herself with her unquenchable hatred of Trump and anything related to Trump. She will die with her furious hate unfulfilled. In her death, she will curse both God and Satan for being too soft on Trump, while she foams at the mouth.

Her obsession with Trump is her undoing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Trump interrupted the normal chain of succession at the country club...

Apparently she felt she had some claim to the 'throne' that was stolen by the interloper.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump interrupted the normal chain of succession at the country club...

Apparently she felt she had some claim to the 'throne' that was stolen by the interloper.

@Smokin Joe

And THERE it is.

It was not the "people's seat" to her. In HER mind,it was HER seat and he stole it from her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!