Author Topic: COP27 reporting emotes like a romance novel and didja notice no one mentioned fires in the West  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

COP27 reporting emotes like a romance novel and didja notice no one mentioned fires in the West
BEEGE WELBORN 6:01 PM on November 21, 2022

Wow. Reuters is playing this last session of the U.N.’s Conference of the Parties (COP27) Climate Change Summit in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt for all it’s worth, drama-wise. I can’t tell if the reporters originally started out writing bodice rippers for Harlequin…or wants to be hired by them. Negotiations, wheeling and dealing to save the Earth went on non-stop, and it took everything these warriors had, leaving even a German – a GERMAN(!) – “visibly shaken.” It’s too much.

Delegates – worn out after intense, overnight negotiations – made no objections as Egypt’s COP27 President Sameh Shoukry rattled through the final agenda items and gavelled the deal through.

Despite having no agreement for a stronger commitment to the 1.5 C goal set in the 2015 Paris Agreement, “we went with what the agreement was here because we want to stand with the most vulnerable,” Germany’s climate secretary Jennifer Morgan, visibly shaken, told Reuters.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2022/11/21/cop27-reporting-emotes-like-a-romance-novel-and-didja-notice-no-one-mentioned-fires-in-the-west-n512490
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 05:07:58 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson