Author Topic: 3RD MARINE AIRCRAFT WING ACTIVATES NEW AIR DEFENSE UNIT  (Read 84 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
3RD MARINE AIRCRAFT WING ACTIVATES NEW AIR DEFENSE UNIT
« on: November 26, 2022, 01:12:17 pm »
 3RD MARINE AIRCRAFT WING ACTIVATES NEW AIR DEFENSE UNIT
23 NOV 2022 | 2nd Lt. Andrew Baez3rd Marine Aircraft Wing

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. --
The 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing activated a new air defense battery on November 18, 2022, as part of its ongoing efforts to modernize its existing ground-based air defense capabilities to continue responsibly modernizing the force.

Charlie Battery, which belongs to 3rd Low Altitude Air Defense Battalion, Marine Air Control Group 38, increases 3rd MAW's ground-based air defense weapon systems and capabilities. The activation demonstrates the Marine Corps’ investment in growing the ground-based air defense community.

“The Charlie Battery activation is another piece to the pie of modernizing the force to meet future threats."
Maj. Crispus M. Kimani, operations officer for 3rd LAAD Battalion

The unit's activation sets the foundation for the arrival of Marine Air Defense Integrated System Increment 1 to the battalion. This system modernizes the existing ground-based air defense capabilities by mounting a mix of legacy and emerging technologies and capabilities onto the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle. The new capabilities will help the unit mitigate the threat from unmanned aerial systems, fixed, and rotary-wing aircraft.

https://www.marines.mil/News/News-Display/Article/3227160/3rd-marine-aircraft-wing-activates-new-air-defense-unit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson