Author Topic: Our Military Insiders’ Views of the New National Defense Strategy  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Our Military Insiders’ Views of the New National Defense Strategy 
By Atlantic Council Military Fellows

Last month, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) released its 2022 National Defense Strategy (NDS). This document outlines clear priorities for the department, namely: defense of the homeland; deterring strategic attacks on the United States, allies, and partners; deterring Chinese and Russian aggression while simultaneously maintaining readiness for conflict; and building a resilient Joint Force.

While the document’s strategic prioritization is clear, what remains uncertain is how this strategy will ultimately be implemented across DoD. Defense leadership recognizes this, as the document states that “this strategy will not be successful if we fail to resource its major initiatives or fail to make the hard choices to align available resources with the strategy’s level of ambition.”

How can DoD meet the strategic priorities laid out in the 2022 NDS? The Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security’s military fellows—active-duty officers who are serving a one-year rotation at the Atlantic Council—weighed in, addressing potential gaps between budgets and strategy, force employment mechanisms, sustainment and logistics, and security partnerships. The opinions, conclusions, and recommendations expressed or implied here are solely those of the authors and do not represent the views of DoD or any other U.S. government agency.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2022/11/23/our_military_insiders_views_of_the_new_national_defense_strategy_866398.html
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 04:24:59 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson