Author Topic: Dutch government to seize 600 farms at gunpoint, claiming nitrogen is a pollutant  (Read 565 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dutch government to seize 600 farms at gunpoint, claiming nitrogen is a pollutant
10/19/2022 / By Ethan Huff

Another round of farmer protests could soon be on the way in The Netherlands following an announcement that as many as 600 farms throughout the country may get seized for “polluting” the environment with nitrogen.

Former deputy prime minister Johan Remkes says he plans to follow the advice from the government’s mediator to meet the nitrogen demands of the European Union (EU), which wants to phase out the use of nitrogen, calling it a “pollutant.”

In response, Farmers Defence Force leader Mark Van den Oever says he and others will take to the streets in opposition to the new standards, which unfairly dubs nitrogen as something harmful when it is really just a common fertilizing agent that plants use to grow and thrive.

http://www.pollution.news/2022-10-19-dutch-government-seize-farms-gunpoint-nitrogen-pollutant.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Nitrogen makes up 78% of the atmosphere and is the primary gas we breathe (although not the one our bodies use for energy purposes).  It cannot, almost by definition - other than some idiotic, unreal, leftist "definition" by fiat - be a "pollutant".

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This land grab has NOTHING to do with 'the environment' or with 'pollution'. It is a stupid excuse, a royal fiat right out of the 1500s declaring that ALL land belongs to the King. To say nitrogen is a pollutant is idiotic and retarded.

The Left is trying to convince us that carbon dioxide is a 'pollutant'.
And nitrogen is a 'pollutant'. All they have left is to declare oxygen a 'pollutant' and they can suffocate the world.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 07:19:04 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Should be interesting to see what development corporations end up buying these farms,and who the stockholders are.

I have a Dutch friend whose family farms in Holland,and they even farm all around a working commercial airfield. This land has been in this family since the 1600's.

Maybe I am wrong,but I am guessing they ain't going to be too happy with being told they have to give it up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In response I hope the Farmers take away their oxygen.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Those Dutch farmers ought to be conferring with farmers from Sri Lanka on what to do when the government goes that far off the rails...

Offline libertybele

Things are getting very serious over there.

I'm hoping somehow we can put a stop to the evilness that's happening here.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In response I hope the Farmers take away their oxygen.

@catfish1957

Hard to say because the Dutch history and culture is so radically different than that of America.

As for my friend,his father is dead now,and his younger brother is managing the farm for the family. They are all involved in ownership in one way or another,but I don't really know the details.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

Hard to say because the Dutch history and culture is so radically different than that of America.

As for my friend,his father is dead now,and his younger brother is managing the farm for the family. They are all involved in ownership in one way or another,but I don't really know the details.

Last time we saw a nationalization and seizure of farms was back with South Africa, post Apartheid. (I think at least). I don't remember too much fighting back, especially when they were looking down at the barrel of an AK47.

I hope the Dutch Farmers have the means of fighting back.  Especially when the seizure is based on an envirowhacko scam.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

Last time we saw a nationalization and seizure of farms was back with South Africa, post Apartheid. (I think at least). I don't remember too much fighting back, especially when they were looking down at the barrel of an AK47.

I hope the Dutch Farmers have the means of fighting back.  Especially when the seizure is based on an envirowhacko scam.

You beat me. This sounds very much like South Africa.

Offline LMAO

Those Dutch farmers ought to be conferring with farmers from Sri Lanka on what to do when the government goes that far off the rails...

Well, when people end up starving because of misguided government policies, I wouldn’t be too surprised eventually to see misguided government officials hanging from trees
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy