Author Topic: The Pentagon is moving ahead with new military jetpack prototypes  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Pentagon is moving ahead with new military jetpack prototypes
Story by Jared Keller • 1h ago

The Defense Department’s chief tech visionaries are once again attempting to make the U.S. military’s dream of jetpack-equipped infantry troops a reality through a pair of fresh contracts, Task & Purpose has learned.

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has selected “several” small companies to receive Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) funding awards “to build flight test prototypes” for the agency’s Portable Personal Air Mobility System program, DARPA spokesman Randy Atkins told Task & Purpose.

Details regarding the contracts were not immediately available, but Phase II SBIR program funding “generally” consists of $750,000 for two years, according to information on the program’s website.

“DARPA is currently working with the small companies to finalize contracting details and award contracts, so at this time we can't discuss the specifics,” Atkins said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-pentagon-is-moving-ahead-with-new-military-jetpack-prototypes/ar-AA14qccL?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=fb679f912217404abfe9985d40ead3c3
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 05:49:04 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Pentagon is moving ahead with new military jetpack prototypes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 05:51:05 pm »
It seems like a rather large expenditure to just make people sitting ducks. :wtf:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson