Author Topic: Indicting Trump: The Appointment of Robert Mueller’s Successor by Jed Babbin  (Read 208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Indicting Trump: The Appointment of Robert Mueller’s Successor
The Smith investigation may tie Trump up in a trial.
by Jed Babbin
November 21, 2022, 10:39 PM

Friday’s appointment of Jack Smith as special counsel to investigate and prosecute former President Donald Trump was an attempt by Attorney General Merrick Garland to prevent any such prosecution from being labeled political.

That attempt will fail because, thanks to the repeal of the awful “independent counsel” statute, any special prosecutor works for the attorney general and he, in turn, works for the president. Those facts render it inevitable that any prosecution of Trump, now a declared presidential candidate and likely opponent to Biden, is politically motivated unless proven otherwise.

To disprove political motivation will be well-nigh impossible.

There are three main aspects of Smith’s investigation of Trump. The first concerns Trump’s alleged violation of the Presidential Records Act (PRA). The second revolves around the alleged misuse — and careless storage — of classified documents. The third has to do with the accusation that Trump engaged in insurrection against the United States by his conduct on Jan. 6, 2021, before and during the riot at the Capitol.

The fight over Trump’s possession of documents has been going on for most of a year. The national archivist obtained about 15 boxes of documents before the FBI raided Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in August and seized 33 boxes of documents, amounting to a reported 200,000 pages of documents.

According to a New York Times report, 18 documents were marked “top secret,” 54 were marked “secret,” and 31 were marked “confidential.” Eleven thousand documents were not marked as classified.

more
https://spectator.org/indicting-trump-the-appointment-of-robert-muellers-successor/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I knew this the moment I heard Fox News refer to Smith as a "straight shooter."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Like I said, this could backfire on the Rats if the stuff on the Biden family comes out and starts getting chest deep.
The Republic is lost.