Author Topic: There’s an epic civil war raging within the Republican party  (Read 499 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There’s an epic civil war raging within the Republican party
« on: November 22, 2022, 02:30:59 pm »
November 21, 2022
There’s an epic civil war raging within the Republican party
By Andrea Widburg

You might have gotten the feeling that—putting aside the legal cheating through mail-in ballots and ballot harvesting—the real enemy of the red wave in 2022 wasn’t Democrats but was, instead, Republicans. According to Sundance, writing at The Conservative Treehouse, if you had that feeling, you’re right on the money. According to him, we’re witnessing an all-out civil war in the Republican party that’s going to escalate as we near the 2024 presidential election. The fight is over money: Is there an American economy that benefits the American people or is the future economy purely transnational for the benefit of the leadership class and power players in a world without economic borders?

Sundance’s post is here, and I strongly recommend you read the whole thing. However, to the extent that it’s a long essay, I’ll try to summarize some of the high points. Sundance begins by explaining that the political parties are corporations that exist, not for the voter’s benefit, but for the corporations’ benefit—and the core issue, always, is money.

Currently, the MAGA and RINO factions are fighting it out within the Republican corporation. This is an existential battle for the RINOs, who currently control the party. They didn’t care about the red wave in 2022 because they were focused on driving the MAGA wing out of the party. When they occasionally bow towards the MAGA crowd, “every move they make on an operational level is exactly in line with their previous outlook toward cocktail class republicanism.  The MAGA base of support cannot trust this corporate group and we must not be blind or unguarded about the Machiavellian schemes they construct.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/11/theres_an_epic_civil_war_raging_within_the_republican_party.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: There’s an epic civil war raging within the Republican party
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 02:35:50 pm »
The Core Battle Within the Republican Party

November 21, 2022 | sundance

An inflection point is coming. In preparation for what we are about to witness, it is critical to understand that both the DNC and RNC are private corporations with no affiliation to government.

It is a difficult shift in thinking to appropriately understand, but the party system in U.S. politics revolves around two clubs that feed from the same corporate trough and position for influence and affluence within a political dynamic they control.

The priority for both clubs, Republican and Democrat, is NOT primarily ideological. In the modern era, the corporate priority first begins with a battle over who controls each corporation.

As long as there is no challenge, the clubs operate without issue. However, when there is a battle for control of the corporation, a battle that will ultimately determine the financial outcome, the internal battle becomes the priority.

2024 is going to be the election season when we see this corporate battle explode inside in the Republican group. Decades of entrenched power are at stake, and there has been four years of counter positioning and backroom discussion leading up to this moment.

As a consequence, and I know this might sound odd to many people – but winning and/or losing elections becomes a secondary issue. The RNC is not focused on winning elections. The RNC corporation is focused on retaining control...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link.

It's ALL about who controls the $$$ flowing out of the treasury and who gets it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 02:37:18 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 03:06:29 pm »
FTA

The RNC want to give the illusion of support for MAGA conservatism because they need the base voter, and they need to maintain the illusion of choice. However, every move they make on an operational level is exactly in line with their previous outlook toward cocktail class republicanism.  The MAGA base of support cannot trust this corporate group and we must not be blind or unguarded about the Machiavellian schemes they construct.

When you hear the influence group saying the two priorities for control of the Republican Club involve, (1) eliminating populism in the ranks; and (2) realigning with multinational corporate objectives (vis a vis Wall Street), what they are publicly expressing is their RNC corporate need to get rid of the America First economic agenda; to get rid of the MAGA influence.

[...]

It would be impossible to support Main Street USA, a popular talking point, and still support the Paris Climate Treaty, the Transpacific Trade Partnership (TPP) or the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).

To avoid the contradictions, most Democrat and Republican politicians avoid discussing their national economic policy. It is an unspoken rule within the billionaire club and donor game, an economic code of omerta amid most political candidates.

President Trump broke the rule and even went so far as to campaign on an America First economic policy agenda.  That core outlook forms the Make America Great Again foundation.  MAGA is based on a national economic policy outlook that determines every other national policy as carried by President Trump.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/11/21/the-core-battle-within-the-republican-party/

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 03:08:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 03:19:03 pm »
DC_Draino
@DC_Draino

“But why would Republicans in Maricopa, the US Senate, and US House intentionally work against fellow Republicans?”

B/c they are bought and paid controlled opposition

MAGA is an uprising within the GOP and they’re trying to snuff it out with rigged elections so they can say “see? MAGA doesn’t work, let’s go back to the old way”

It’s not happening though - MAGA is an awakening never before seen in this country

It’s only getting bigger, stronger, and more capable

The good guys win in the end

Nov 21, 2022, 12:12 PM

https://truthsocial.com/@DC_Draino/posts/109382909002403005

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 03:22:12 pm »
There has been since Goldwater.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 03:31:12 pm »

:yowsa: That is VERY true and unfortunately the globalist, Chamber of Commerce side has gotten the upper hand.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 03:52:15 pm »

I'm guessing it wasn't on this scale back then.  We've got a real shot at winning this.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 12:00:14 am »
Ms. Widburg's title:
"There’s an epic civil war raging within the Republican party"

If the Republican party wishes to survive, it had better start paying attention to the REAL "civil war" that is brewing outside their doors.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 12:04:14 am »
I'm guessing it wasn't on this scale back then.  We've got a real shot at winning this.

The only thing separating then and now is instant "news" and the vastly more corrupt media.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 02:23:29 am »
The only thing separating then and now is instant "news" and the vastly more corrupt media.

@Bigun

THE most serious move that can be made to START to bring things back to where they should be would be to pass a law breaking up the news monopoly that controls WHAT news is ALLOWED to be printed and disseminated to the public,and what isn't.

What we have today for a public news distribution system is ALL controlled by corporate sources based in big cities.

Oh,there are a few locally-owned newspapers published a couple of times a week in various rural areas that only report local news and obits,but ALL the national news is in the hands of a VERY small group of corporate publishers,and what they CHOOSE to report is based on their own political biases.

There is no "point and counterpoint".

And of course,the most obvious truth that nobody wants to hear is this happened because "we,the people" were too damn lazy to stop it from happening. Too easy to get all your news from the corporate talking heads on your tv,who in turn get it from their corporate masters in places like NYC,LA,Minneapolis,etc,etc,etc.

And for those  who REALLY think they keep on top of the news,there are the Sunday broadcasts,that is all scripted by CBS,NBC,ABC,and a few others,and the talking heads read the scripts and pretend to provide personal insights.

I gave up on all that nonsense decades ago. If I am going to have someone lie to me professionally, it will be a hot bar bitch in a bar somewhere,not some metrosexual male in a 2 thousand dollar suit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!