Author Topic: Stadium-sized asteroid 2019 OR1 to approach Earth at 48,168 km/h, NASA issues urgent warning  (Read 801 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Stadium-sized asteroid 2019 OR1 to approach Earth at 48,168 km/h, NASA issues urgent warning

Story by dnawebdesk@gmail.com (DNA Web Desk) • Sunday

It seems as if asteroids have resumed their dangerously near visits to Earth. NASA monitors these asteroids by analysing data gathered from observatories and telescopes including Pan- STARRS, the Catalina Sky Survey, and the NEOWISE telescope. Some of this apparatus is located in the air, while the rest is rooted to the ground.

Warnings have been issued for the asteroid 2019 OR1 by NASA's Planetary Defense Coordination Office. On November 21, at a distance of 4.3 million kilometres from Earth, the 770-foot asteroid is predicted to make a near pass. The asteroid is already on its way towards Earth, flying at an astonishing speed of 48,168 km/h. Although this asteroid is not projected to strike Earth, a tiny variation in its route owing to contact with the planet's gravitational field might shift its trajectory with devastating results.

A Planetary Defense Coordination Office (PDCO) has been set up and is being overseen by the Planetary Science Division at NASA's main office in Washington. The PDCO is responsible for the timely discovery of potentially hazardous objects (PHOS), such as asteroids and comets whose orbits are expected to bring them within 0.05 astro

NASA just completed the DART mission to counteract such threats from orbit. The goal of NASA's Dart mission was to see whether it was possible to alter the course of an asteroid. With the results of this test, the world took its first step toward developing the technology necessary to stop any massive rock from crashing to Earth.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/stadium-sized-asteroid-2019-or1-to-approach-earth-at-48-168-km-h-nasa-issues-urgent-warning/ar-AA14lMGa?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8fdbed67543246beb980a61539ed626b
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 12:21:01 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Let's panic over something 10X farther away than the Moon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Let's panic over something 10X farther away than the Moon.

It's not about panicking, it's about making plans for the long-term, and the problem with rocks like this is that, over time, they can become more and more "aimed" at the Earth, as each pass by the Earth can cause the Earth's gravity to realign the orbit more closely with where the Earth will be in the future.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's not about panicking, it's about making plans for the long-term, and the problem with rocks like this is that, over time, they can become more and more "aimed" at the Earth, as each pass by the Earth can cause the Earth's gravity to realign the orbit more closely with where the Earth will be in the future.
So there IS hope...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

A warning? How are we to respond? Better make sure we have plenty of milk, bread and toilet paper, I guess.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wanna know what stadium they are comparing it to?    A nice one like the Vikings play in or a shitbox like Soldiers Field in Lightfoot town.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sorry but I seem to recall we had death by asteroid last month, I really wish these guys could keep track of their hysteria events.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sorry but I seem to recall we had death by asteroid last month, I really wish these guys could keep track of their hysteria events.

Fauci didn't get the memo and went full retard on covid today at the Whitehut.

Offline mountaineer

I wanna know what stadium they are comparing it to?    A nice one like the Vikings play in or a shitbox like Soldiers Field in Lightfoot town.
One of these.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hey the global warming scam artist think the world is getting too hot.

Maybe a "stadium" sized asteroid would make them happy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

One of these.

:beer:

Oh Lambeau Field.  I recognized it because of all the cheese!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
It’s SMOD! ☄️
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

A warning? How are we to respond? Better make sure we have plenty of milk, bread and toilet paper, I guess.

:rolling: :rolling: