Author Topic: Heating Oil Shortages Loom in the Northeast  (Read 457 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Heating Oil Shortages Loom in the Northeast
« on: November 20, 2022, 01:44:43 pm »
Heating Oil Shortages Loom in the Northeast

Heartland Author
November 15, 2022

By Robert Romano

Home heating prices are soaring this coming winter, especially in New York and the northeast, where heating oil shortages are looming before the winter has even begun.

On Oct. 13, there was a 26-day supply of home heating oil left for the northeast U.S.

By Oct. 24, it was down to a 25-day supply, the lowest since 1993, as calls to release the Northeast Home Heating Oil Reserve have already begun, and it’s not even November yet.

According to Energy.gov, if released the Northeast Home Heating Oil Reserve could boost supplies for about a week or two: “The reserve would give Northeast consumers supplemental supplies for approximately 10 days, the time required for ships to carry additional heating oil from the Gulf of Mexico to New York Harbor.”

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2022/11/heating-oil-shortages-loom-in-the-northeast/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Heating Oil Shortages Loom in the Northeast
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 01:49:15 pm »
This shouldn't be a problem. All the left has to do is harness Unicorn farts and turn them into heat.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 12:31:48 am »
All those voters that reaffirmed their support of Biden and the democrats policies, especially as applies to fossil fuels, will just have to be content shelling out outrageous money for fuel oil if they can find it or freeze :shrug: At least here in SoCal I haven't fired up the gas heater in at least 8 years, but we don't get frigid temps.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 06:09:37 am »
They should be excited about this.  They got what they voted for.  Energy supply and costs were on the ballot.  The Dems campaigned on this.  And NE voters chose it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 06:28:57 am »
Furniture, trim wood, all burn nicely.

Make a small fire and sit up close, the wood will last longer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 08:51:04 am »
Furniture, trim wood, all burn nicely.

Make a small fire and sit up close, the wood will last longer.
Unless it's modern furniture, then it's all particle board and vinyl, won't burn long and the fumes will likely kill ya.