Author Topic: SDI 2.0? Donald Trump Wants A ‘Star Wars’ Missile Shield Like Reagan  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SDI 2.0? Donald Trump Wants A ‘Star Wars’ Missile Shield Like Reagan

ByRobert FarleyPublished2 hours ago
Hypersonic MissilesHypersonic Missile Sample Image VIA DARPA.
SDI or Star Wars Comeback Thanks to Trump? During his rambling campaign announcement on Tuesday, former President Trump took time to plug his plans for future missile defense:

“As events overseas have show to protect from the unthinkable threat of nuclear weapons and hypersonic missiles, the United States must also build a state-of-the-art next-generation missile defense shield, we need it. The power of these missiles and the power of a word I refuse to say, “nuclear.” We have to have it. We need a defense shield. And we have to do it. And we actually have the technology and we are going to build it, just as I rebuilt our military, I will get this done.”

Does all this indicate that missile defense will become a Trump signature issue in anticipation of the 2024 race?

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/11/sdi-2-0-donald-trump-wants-a-star-wars-missile-shield-like-reagan/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 10:12:18 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Re: SDI 2.0? Donald Trump Wants A ‘Star Wars’ Missile Shield Like Reagan
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 01:34:05 pm »
Good idea as long as the "Miley's" don't have the button... The Senate needs to start doing their job and keep the wackos out of the DOD leadership.