Author Topic: 107 years on, we are still testing Einstein’s theory of gravity — the results are getting weird  (Read 255 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
107 years on, we are still testing Einstein’s theory of gravity — the results are getting weird

Story by The Conversation,, ,Kazuya Koyama, and ,Levon Pogosian • Yesterday 2:00 PM

Everything in the universe has gravity — and feels it too. Yet this most common of all fundamental forces is also the one that presents the biggest challenges to physicists. Albert Einstein’s theory of general relativity has been remarkably successful in describing the gravity of stars and planets, but it doesn’t seem to apply perfectly on all scales.

General relativity has passed many years of observational tests, from Eddington’s measurement of the deflection of starlight by the Sun in 1919 to the recent detection of gravitational waves. However, gaps in our understanding start to appear when we try to apply it to extremely small distances, where the laws of quantum mechanics operate, or when we try to describe the entire universe.

Our new study, published in Nature Astronomy, has now tested Einstein’s theory on the largest of scales. We believe our approach may one day help resolve some of the biggest mysteries in cosmology, and the results hint that the theory of general relativity may need to be tweaked on this scale.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/107-years-on-we-are-still-testing-einstein-s-theory-of-gravity-the-results-are-getting-weird/ar-AA14joG7?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0bd32f1de31e40f7bbd18be6a5e4d77b
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 09:46:33 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Scientists have been studying the theory of relativity for 107 years and find it doesn't seem to apply to everything.  Yet within a couple of years of being introduced by the extraordinary scientific, and money scamming, mind of St. Algore, global warming was supposedly accepted by 97% of scientists.  Almost like a scientific law.  Something doesn't ring true here. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson