Author Topic: Marine Corps buys 30 more ACVs following rough year of waterborne ops training  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps buys 30 more ACVs following rough year of waterborne ops training

The $153 million contract brings the Marine Corps investment in the BAE-made Amphibious Combat Vehicle to more than $2 billion.
By   JUSTIN KATZ
on November 17, 2022 at 3:32 PM

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon announced it was purchasing an additional 30 Amphibious Combat Vehicles (ACVs) for $153 million, bringing the cumulative value of the Marine Corps’ next-generation combat vehicle contract to more than $2 billion.

The new funding, which was announced Wednesday through the Defense Department’s daily contract announcements, comes following months of turmoil for the Marine Corps’ amphibious operations. The ACV and its predecessor, the Amphibious Assault Vehicle, have seen multiple operational pauses and restarts due to various training accidents over the past year.

The service last month announced it had distributed “interim guidance” for ACV waterborne operations following a training incident on Oct. 13 in which a vehicle rolled over in the surf zone. No one was hurt.

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/11/marine-corps-buys-30-more-acvs-following-rough-year-of-waterborne-ops-training/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson