Author Topic: Texas Guard to send tank-like military vehicles to the border  (Read 245 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Guard to send tank-like military vehicles to the border
« on: November 19, 2022, 05:44:18 pm »
By Davis Winkie, Military Times, William Melhado and The Texas TribunePublished November 18, 2022 7:23PMTexasThe Texas Tribune

Three days after Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted a legally dubious invocation of the "invasion clause" of the U.S. and Texas constitutions over the high number of migrant encounters at the Texas-Mexico border, his border mission is set to include armored personnel carriers designed to carry troops into battle alongside tanks, according to a planning document obtained by Army Times and The Texas Tribune.

The order issued Thursday by Texas Military Department officials to the headquarters overseeing Operation Lone Star reveals that the National Guard will soon deploy 10 M113 armored personnel carrier vehicles to the border.

SUGGESTED: New York City mayor declares state of emergency over busing of migrants from Texas

According to the order, around 50 soldiers will be trained to operate the vehicles, and state officials will identify 10 positions to station them along the border.

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Texas Guard to send tank-like military vehicles to the border
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 05:52:38 pm »
 Here's what a liberal website said:

Now Texas Governor Abbott sends TANKS to the border after threatening to send gunboats - as Republican invokes invasion clause to deal with migrants flooding over border

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11447019/Now-Texas-Governor-Abbott-sends-TANKS-border-invoking-invasion-clause.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Texas Guard to send tank-like military vehicles to the border
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 06:00:40 pm »
Sweet lord, but the media are ignorant SOBs.

The M113 personnel carrier (Vietnam era) APC is 'boxy' and has tracks.

That and the paint job are the whole part and parcel of its claims to being 'tank like'.

It's about as 'tank like' as a Yugo is 'Mercedes like'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis