Author Topic: Texas Mayor Claims Border Crisis Is Not An ‘Invasion’  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Mayor Claims Border Crisis Is Not An ‘Invasion’
« on: November 19, 2022, 05:34:26 pm »

Texas Mayor Claims Border Crisis Is Not An ‘Invasion’
Rio Grande City Mayor on Fox News

NICOLE SILVERIO
MEDIA REPORTER
November 16, 2022
5:45 PM ET

A border town mayor claimed Wednesday that the influx of illegal migrants entering is not an “invasion,” but a “humanitarian crisis.”

Democratic Rio Grande City Mayor Joel Villarreal disputed Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s declaration of invasion at the U.S.-Mexico border, issued to invoke state powers to increase security and return illegal immigrants to Mexico. The declaration allows for the Texas government to deploy the National Guard and Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to build a border wall, return migrants to Mexico and designate Mexican cartels as foreign terrorists.

“Unfortunately, what I see here, and by the way, I disagree with the governor regarding the immigration as invasion because this type of rhetoric has resulted in discriminatory immigration policies in American history,” Villarreal said. “This is a humanitarian crisis and we have to call it for what it is. It is a crisis, there’s no doubt. We must address it with, of course, Washington D.C. having the answers.”

He said mayors are partnering to “manage” the influx of migrants and called on the federal government to assist with the crisis. He criticized both parties for failing to pass comprehensive immigration reform and communicate with state and local officials. (RELATED: County Officials In Texas To Declare Border Crisis An ‘Invasion’)

https://dailycaller.com/2022/11/16/rio-grande-city-mayor-border-crisis-invasion-abbott/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Texas Mayor Claims Border Crisis Is Not An ‘Invasion’
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 05:37:56 pm »
Why would anyone call it an invasion?  There have been only about 2 1/2 million illegal aliens let into this country in the past two years.  Why, that is no worse than a Sunday church social. :grouphug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson