Author Topic: The IPCC’s 1990 Predictions Were Even Worse Than We Thought  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The IPCC’s 1990 Predictions Were Even Worse Than We Thought
« on: November 19, 2022, 02:37:15 pm »
The IPCC’s 1990 Predictions Were Even Worse Than We Thought
By Guest Contributor -November 11, 20220

Guest Opinion By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

My article on IPCC’s 1990 predictions has provoked such panic among the ranks of the ungodly that I have taken a closer look at the First Assessment Report. Its predictions prove even more wildly exaggerated than has hitherto been realized. For two years, month after month, trolls commenting on my monthly posts about the New Pause have been saying that one should not judge IPCC by its Scenario A (business as usual) predictions. However, a commenter on my recent piece about IPCC (1990) kindly directed me to a table in the Working Group III report, showing the Scenario A prediction for global annual CO2 emissions in billions of tons per year from energy and industry, which sum to 10 BtC yr–1:

The above table gives the actual prediction in IPCC (1990) of 10 bn tons a year of business-as-usual emissions from energy and industry in 2025. Sure enough, like-for-like emissions reached 10 bn tons in 2019, showing that, despite the trillions spent, the dozens of earnest hand-wringing, bed-wetting international conferences of strutters and fretters, the trashing of the West’s energy infrastructure and the consequent transfer of just about all energy-intensive manufacture to China with the loss of millions of working-class jobs in the free world, it is indeed the business-as-usual emissions scenario that the world has chosen to follow.

https://climaterealism.com/2022/11/the-ipccs-1990-predictions-were-even-worse-than-we-thought/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson