Author Topic: Celebrating War as Climate Win Makes Red True Color of “Greens  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Celebrating War as Climate Win Makes Red True Color of “Greens
« on: November 19, 2022, 02:16:37 pm »
Celebrating War as Climate Win Makes Red True Color of “Greens”

By Vijay Jayaraj

There is widespread concern about the human tragedy in Ukraine. How could there not be? Yet, among us are people who are sufficiently heartless and opportunistic to celebrate the bloodshed as a victory for the “green” movement.

A cabal of political leaders and media houses are now dancing on the graves of innocent civilians as the Ukraine conflict disrupts Europe’s gas supplies and supposedly helps end the West’s “addiction” to fossil fuels.

There is much with which to take issue. In the first place, the war has accelerated a move back to fossil fuels – especially to coal – that was initiated by ill-advised climate polices that forced the adoption of unreliable wind and solar technologies and led to energy shortages. So the trend is toward an increased reliance on fossil fuels, not an abandonment of these energy sources.

However, our main complaint here is the disturbingly callous attitude among prominent people with the UN’s World Meteorological Organization (WMO) and major news outlets like Politico.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/18/celebrating-war-as-climate-win-makes-red-true-color-of-greens/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson