Author Topic: Reality bites Biden’s Gulf of Mexico wind dreams  (Read 166 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Reality bites Biden’s Gulf of Mexico wind dreams
« on: November 18, 2022, 03:36:46 pm »
Reality bites Biden’s Gulf of Mexico wind dreams
By Duggan Flanakin |November 17th, 2022|

President Joe Biden, fresh from a surprisingly good November election for his fellow Democrats, has redoubled his commitment to rid the world of natural fuels (oil, gas, coal) and impose an all-electric universe powered in large part by offshore wind farms.

To that end, Biden recently announced massive wind lease areas offshore from Lake Charles, Louisiana, and Galveston, Texas. One is a 188,023-acre tract located 56 miles offshore from Lake Charles; the other is a 508,265-acre tract 24 nautical miles offshore from Galveston. While Louisiana’s Democrat Governor John Bel Edwards is ebullient about the economic prospects for offshore wind, his Texas counterparts are not.

Two years ago, at the inaugural meeting of his Climate Initiatives Task Force, Edwards had announced a major collaboration with the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) to establish a task force to build a blueprint for renewable energy production in the Gulf of Mexico.

Edwards was buoyed by the observation from Office of Coastal Activities Deputy Director Harry Vorhoff that, “Renewable energy like offshore wind can help the state cut its emissions and do its part in avoiding the worst impacts of climate change.” As the new leases were announced, Edwards boasted that Louisiana lift-boat operators helped develop the nation’s first commercial offshore wind farm in Rhode Island. That experience, he mused, bodes well for Louisiana.

https://www.cfact.org/2022/11/17/reality-bites-bidens-gulf-of-mexico-wind-dreams/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=reality-bites-bidens-gulf-of-mexico-wind-dreams
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Hoodat

Re: Reality bites Biden’s Gulf of Mexico wind dreams
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 04:01:25 pm »
They should just go ahead and build a giant windfarm on South Padre Island.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-