Author Topic: Biden: Fill Gaps in Cybersecurity Laws. Congress: What Gaps? Admin Officials: ...  (Read 135 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden: Fill Gaps in Cybersecurity Laws. Congress: What Gaps? Admin Officials: ...

Neither the DHS chief nor the FBI director had an answer when a lawmaker asked about Biden's Nov. 7 request.
MARIAM BAKSH | NOVEMBER 16, 2022
CYBER CONGRESS WHITE HOUSE INDUSTRY

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas suggested U.S. cybersecurity policy should continue to rely on critical-services providers voluntarily implementing measures to protect their operations from cyberattacks.

Mayorkas testified before the House Homeland Security Committee Tuesday, alongside FBI Director Christopher Wray, on worldwide threats to the homeland. Cybersecurity has formed an increasingly significant portion of the annual hearing, which this year focused on an array of nation-state and criminal adversaries.

Addressing all witnesses, outgoing Rep. Jim Langevin, D-R.I., asked, “What gaps should we be looking to fill related to improving the cybersecurity of critical infrastructure?”

Langevin put his question in the context of a Nov. 7 letter from President Joe Biden to some congressional committees, which noted, “Our nation lacks a comprehensive way to establish mandatory minimum cybersecurity requirements across our critical infrastructure, and current approaches differ by sector.”

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2022/11/dhs-chief-appears-back-status-quo-approach-securing-critical-infrastructure/379767/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:22:55 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Does Biden even know what cybersecurity laws entail or is he just repeating what the puppet master told him to say? :pondering: :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson