Author Topic: ‘Not the progress I would have hoped for’: Pentagon fails latest financial audit  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Not the progress I would have hoped for’: Pentagon fails latest financial audit

The situation in Ukraine is providing a “teachable moment” for why it matters that the Defense Department accomplish a clean audit that establishes it has an accurate count of everything its purchased.
By   VALERIE INSINNA
on November 16, 2022 at 12:01 PM

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon has failed its annual audit for the fifth year in a row, an expected result that nonetheless represents something of a disappointment for an effort that officials hoped would continue steady, if incremental, year over year progress.

Of the 27 military agencies audited, seven received a clean audit and one received a qualified opinion — a term used to describe an audit that will be clean after resolving a key issue. That’s “basically the same picture as last year,” Pentagon Comptroller Mike McCord told reporters on Tuesday ahead of the audit’s release.

The ultimate result of the audit was “a disclaimer of opinion,” a technical term that denotes when an auditor cannot give an opinion, essentially indicating that the audit did not come back clean.

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/11/not-the-progress-i-would-have-hoped-for-pentagon-fails-latest-financial-audit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Gen. Milley needs to get some coaching on how to have an audit from his allies in China! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson