Author Topic: ‘Complete contradiction’: Egypt burns dirtier fuel to sell more gas to Europe  (Read 167 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Complete contradiction’: Egypt burns dirtier fuel to sell more gas to Europe
Published on 15/11/2022, 12:49pm

The Cop27 host has increased its use of mazut, a heavy fuel oil, in power stations, despite its harmful impact on health and the environment

By Sebastian Rodriguez

Cop27 host Egypt is increasing its use of mazut — a polluting heavy fuel oil— in 20 power plants, to free up gas for export to Europe.

In June, the country signed a deal with the European Union and Israel to boost LNG sales to Europe, as part of the continent’s dash for gas to replace Russian energy imports.

The Egyptian government announced it would ration gas use and replace it with other fuels at home. At a press conference in August, prime minister Moustafa Madbouly said Egypt expected to export 15% of its gas production. 

https://www.climatechangenews.com/2022/11/15/complete-contradiction-cop27-host-egypt-dirty-fuels-sell-more-gas-to-europe/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson