Author Topic: Some 10,000 mink loose, missing after vandalism at Ohio farm  (Read 418 times)

Offline mountaineer

Some 10,000 mink loose, missing after vandalism at Ohio farm
« on: November 16, 2022, 12:30:29 pm »
Some 10,000 mink loose, missing after vandalism at Ohio farm
Associated Press
Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022 12:43 a.m.
VAN WERT, Ohio — Vandalism freed thousands of mink at a rural northwest Ohio farm, leaving an estimated 10,000 of the small carnivorous mammals unaccounted for Tuesday evening, the local sheriff said.

So many minks were killed crossing a nearby road that a plow was brought in to help clear the carcasses away, said Van Wert County Sheriff Thomas Riggenbach.

The property owner initially estimated 25,000 to 40,000 mink were released from their cages at Lion Farms, Riggenbach said. But he said employees at the farm were able to corral many of the ones that remained on the property, which is less than 15 miles from the Indiana state line.  ...

A farm manager told WANE-TV that someone left a spray-painted message of the letters “ALF” and the phrase “we’ll be back.”

A group known as the Animal Liberation Front had previously claimed credit for releasing a much smaller number of mink at the farm in a previous incident years ago, the Times Bulletin in Van Wert reported.  ...
Rest of story

Liberated, indeed - right to their deaths.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Re: Some 10,000 mink loose, missing after vandalism at Ohio farm
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 12:46:19 pm »
This group, and groups like them, don’t mind the mink being killed on the highway as long as humans don’t utilize them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 12:56:28 pm »
Guard your henhouses!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 04:44:48 pm »
These animal/environmental rights protesters are right up there with Antifa and any other form of domestic terrorists when they start destroying private property.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 10:29:23 am »
These animal/environmental rights protesters are right up there with Antifa and any other form of domestic terrorists when they start destroying private property.
Not to mention dumping 10,000 predators into the local ecosystem...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis