Author Topic: NYC Will Pay at Least $600 Million to Give Migrants Shelter and Schooling  (Read 239 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Will Pay at Least $600 Million to Give Migrants Shelter and Schooling
Emma Court - Yesterday 5:34 PM

(Bloomberg) -- New York City will spend at least $600 million on a year’s worth of shelter and services for the around 24,000 Central and South American migrants who have flooded into the city, according to new estimates released by the city’s Independent Budget Office.

Sam Bankman-Fried Posts Weird Cryptic Tweets After Wealth Wipeout
Those figures reflect costs that can be as high as $93,000 annually for a four-person family staying in a shelter and with two kids attending public schools, the IBO said.

The office said the total cost of city services provided to the newly arrived asylum seekers may fluctuate “as the number of people arriving and remaining in the city continues to evolve.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/nyc-will-pay-at-least-600-million-to-give-migrants-shelter-and-schooling/ar-AA145Rvq?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ece4d48f858e47b49256552d5d622597
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:30:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: NYC Will Pay at Least $600 Million to Give Migrants Shelter and Schooling
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 03:41:49 pm »
And as New York City sees more businesses close shop and people leave and the chaos and crime increase, I’ll just turn my back with my hand up to them and say “talk to the hand”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 03:52:59 pm »
And as New York City sees more businesses close shop and people leave and the chaos and crime increase, I’ll just turn my back with my hand up to them and say “talk to the hand”

That's the harsh lesson the dems/libs/progs in NYC need.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 04:03:40 pm »
That's the harsh lesson the dems/libs/progs in NYC need.

And unfortunately I think we all are going to suffer more until there’s a come to Jesus moment
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 04:07:22 pm »
And unfortunately I think we all are going to suffer more until there’s a come to Jesus moment

We will, particularly those of us who still have to work in NYC; it'll be like the 1970s, when dems/libs/progs drove NYC to bankruptcy, in the belief the fedgov would bail them out, only to have Ford say "nuts to you" (essentially).  We need another Ford moment.