Author Topic: The BBC Defends Special People Flying Private Jets to COP27  (Read 232 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The BBC Defends Special People Flying Private Jets to COP27
« on: November 15, 2022, 03:14:10 pm »
 The BBC Defends Special People Flying Private Jets to COP27

2 days ago Eric Worrall 61 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t Peta of Newark; In 2020, the BBC asked “should we give up flying for the sake of the climate?”. That same BBC defends the right of the climate elite to continue using private jets.

How many private jets were at COP27?

By Reality Check team

BBC News

There has been criticism on social media of delegates arriving at the COP27 United Nations Climate Change Conference, in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.

The day before the conference began, hundreds of environmental activists stopped private jets leaving Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport, by sitting in front of their wheels and riding around the airfield on bicycles.

What is the carbon footprint of private jet travel?

Emissions per kilometre travelled are significantly worse than any other form of transport.

A government spokesperson said: “This delegation travelled on one of the most carbon-efficient planes of its size in the world and carbon emissions from these flights are also offset.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/12/the-bbc-defends-special-people-flying-private-jets-to-cop27/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The BBC Defends Special People Flying Private Jets to COP27
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 03:15:22 pm »
 :banghead:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: The BBC Defends Special People Flying Private Jets to COP27
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 03:53:53 pm »
:facepalm2: