Author Topic: A remote undersea volcano is likely erupting in the Pacific Ocean  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A remote undersea volcano is likely erupting in the Pacific Ocean
JENNIFER SINCO KELLEHER - 3h ago

A volcano is likely erupting deep beneath the Pacific Ocean in the U.S. commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, but scientists don't know for sure because it's so inaccessible.

All indications are that the Ahyi Seamount began erupting in mid-October, the U.S. Geological Survey said Monday. The Northern Marianas are about 3,800 miles west of Honolulu.

Scientists are looking to see if the activity is shallow earthquakes or if material exploded from the crater, said Matt Haney, a USGS research geophysicist. Scientists are checking satellite data to see if there's discolored water, which could suggest material is coming out of the volcano, he said.

“There’s nothing right now that suggests that this eruption will intensify and become a large eruption,” Haney said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/a-remote-undersea-volcano-is-likely-erupting-in-the-pacific-ocean/ar-AA1485aP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4e56252c3a754263afd74b32939658ea
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 02:56:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: A remote undersea volcano is likely erupting in the Pacific Ocean
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 02:56:37 pm »
And if the enviro-whackos would come clean is emitting probably 10X the GHG that man emits in an entire year.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: A remote undersea volcano is likely erupting in the Pacific Ocean
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 02:58:48 pm »
Most likely caused by global warming, I suppose. OMGGGGGGG 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson