Author Topic: Legionella in Water at Joint Base San Antonio Medical Barracks After Weeks of Failed Cleanup Efforts  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Legionella in Water at Joint Base San Antonio Medical Barracks After Weeks of Failed Cleanup Efforts

14 Nov 2022
Military.com | By Thomas Novelly

A bacteria that can cause pneumonia is still being detected in the medical barracks at Joint Base San Antonio, Texas, despite weeks of efforts to sanitize the area.

In late September, base officials said that 150 residents and staff at Liberty Barracks, where service members who are patients at the nearby medical center are housed, were being moved to other parts of the installation after Legionella bacteria was discovered during routine water testing.

The building has since been treated with a "super-chlorination process," Rob Strain, a spokesman for the base, told Military.com last month. But subsequent testing after the procedure showed the bacteria may still be present.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/11/14/legionella-water-joint-base-san-antonio-medical-barracks-after-weeks-of-failed-cleanup-efforts.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It makes me wonder why the military was so concerned about COVID when they've had long term health problems with barracks rotting, fighter pilots getting cancer at a higher rate, water problems at Hawaii, Camp Lejeune, on aircraft carriers, etc., and have done little about them. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson