Author Topic: With This Obstacle in Place, Republicans Can't Get the White House  (Read 444 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 13, 2022
With This Obstacle in Place, Republicans Can't Get the White House
By Fletch Daniels

Surveying the wreckage of the disappointing Republican midterms, voters were left scratching their heads, trying to figure out what went wrong.  With the fundamentals being as bad as they were this year, Republicans underperformed expectations, and it was fairly obvious that they would experience no red wave by early in the evening on Election Night.

While I've seen plenty of postmortems already, the single biggest issue that wrecked the wave was mail-in voting combined with ballot-harvesting, which all but eliminated Republican hopes in states where Democrats control the voting rules.  This is why Senate polls were so wrong in these states.

The two states where the impact was most obvious were Pennsylvania and Michigan, but it snuffed out real Republican chances all over the map in states where the Democrats control voting laws.  Pennsylvania literally elected a dead man, and I'm not even talking about the pro-crime radical with such severe brain damage that he can't form a coherent sentence.

With two of our kids having gone to college in Michigan, we spend a fair amount of time visiting there.  As near as I can tell, the only Michigan residents who actually like Gretchen Whitmer are in her immediate family.  And yet she easily beat an impressive Republican candidate.  In a fair election, Tudor Dixon wins that race easily.  But that's the point.  These aren't fair elections.  They are rigged.  And even great candidates taking on miserable ones go down in flames.  The lone bright spot out of Michigan was John James winning Michigan-10.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/11/with_this_obstacle_in_place_republicans_cant_get_the_white_house.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: With This Obstacle in Place, Republicans Can't Get the White House
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 03:59:51 pm »
November 13, 2022
With This Obstacle in Place, Republicans Can't Get the White House
By Fletch Daniels

Surveying the wreckage of the disappointing Republican midterms, voters were left scratching their heads, trying to figure out what went wrong.  With the fundamentals being as bad as they were this year, Republicans underperformed expectations, and it was fairly obvious that they would experience no red wave by early in the evening on Election Night.

While I've seen plenty of postmortems already, the single biggest issue that wrecked the wave was mail-in voting combined with ballot-harvesting, which all but eliminated Republican hopes in states where Democrats control the voting rules.  This is why Senate polls were so wrong in these states.

The two states where the impact was most obvious were Pennsylvania and Michigan, but it snuffed out real Republican chances all over the map in states where the Democrats control voting laws.  Pennsylvania literally elected a dead man, and I'm not even talking about the pro-crime radical with such severe brain damage that he can't form a coherent sentence.

With two of our kids having gone to college in Michigan, we spend a fair amount of time visiting there.  As near as I can tell, the only Michigan residents who actually like Gretchen Whitmer are in her immediate family.  And yet she easily beat an impressive Republican candidate.  In a fair election, Tudor Dixon wins that race easily.  But that's the point.  These aren't fair elections.  They are rigged.  And even great candidates taking on miserable ones go down in flames.  The lone bright spot out of Michigan was John James winning Michigan-10.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/11/with_this_obstacle_in_place_republicans_cant_get_the_white_house.html
I hate to say it....but it's going to get worse.  We'll never see a republican President again.  Get used to it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 08:00:36 pm »
I hate to say it....but it's going to get worse.  We'll never see a republican President again.  Get used to it.

Nah... And besides: A long row to hoe still has to be hoed. It ain't time to throw up your hands. Nor time to contemplate your navel. It is time to roll up your sleeves and start to hoeing.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 11:10:12 pm »
Fletch Daniels' title:
"With This Obstacle in Place, Republicans Can't Get the White House"

Fishrrman's revision for clarity:
"With The Republican GOPe Obstacle in Place, a candidate who represents traditional-minded Americans Can't Get to the White House"

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 11:17:27 pm »
potatohead puts the mash on us with:
"I hate to say it....but it's going to get worse.  We'll never see a republican President again.  Get used to it."

Please take 1 minute to read this post put up by me in this forum on October 17, 2020:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305819.html#msg2305819

And this one, put up by me on September 2 this year:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,479458.msg2703899.html#msg2703899

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 11:37:27 pm »
potatohead puts the mash on us with:
"I hate to say it....but it's going to get worse.  We'll never see a republican President again.  Get used to it."

Please take 1 minute to read this post put up by me in this forum on October 17, 2020:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305819.html#msg2305819

And this one, put up by me on September 2 this year:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,479458.msg2703899.html#msg2703899
You pretty well nailed it....sadly.  I agree with you, demographics have changed and we are sliding down a slippery slope.

I'm with you...I don't want to be right.  We are so, so screwed. @Fishrrman