Author Topic: US Needs Afghanistan Watchdog, Experts Say, After Biden Admin Obstructs Accountability Efforts  (Read 132 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Needs Afghanistan Watchdog, Experts Say, After Biden Admin Obstructs Accountability Efforts
Micaela BurrowNovember 12, 20220

The Biden administration is stonewalling the independent Afghanistan watchdog organization authorized by Congress in 2008, experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
Executive agencies argued that their efforts fall outside of SIGAR’s mandate, but experts disagreed, saying the organization is vital for accountability.

“The bottom line is that institutions don’t like to be held accountable, but the American people deserve oversight,” Adam Weinstein, a research fellow at the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft who served in Afghanistan as a U.S. Marine, told the DCNF.

The U.S. still needs the Afghanistan watchdog organization despite recent Biden administration efforts to thwart ongoing investigations into the White House’s military withdrawal and ongoing assistance to the country, experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/11/us-needs-afghanistan-watchdog-experts-say-after-biden-admin-obstructs-accountability-efforts/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson