Author Topic: Texas busing 50 migrants to Philadelphia without warning  (Read 157 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas busing 50 migrants to Philadelphia without warning
« on: November 13, 2022, 02:01:16 pm »
Texas busing 50 migrants to Philadelphia without warning
Updated: Nov. 12, 2022, 5:02 p.m.|Published: Nov. 12, 2022, 4:42 p.m.

By Jonathan Bergmueller | jbergmueller@pennlive.com

A bus carrying around 50 migrants departed Texas bound for Philadelphia on Saturday, according to several news outlets.

Texas officials did not contact Philadelphia ahead of busing the 50-52 individuals seeking asylum, rather Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney learned the news from a community partner, according to CBS Philadelphia.

The city of Philadelphia said it was “disappointing and irresponsible” that Texas officials would send the bus without alerting them, CBS reported.

“We do not have an exact location of where the bus will disembark, nor do we have any specific information about those on board, nor do we know if other buses are planned,” the city said.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2022/11/bus-carrying-50-migrants-heading-to-philly-with-no-notice-from-texas-officials.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Texas busing 50 migrants to Philadelphia without warning
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 02:03:25 pm »
I think illegal immigrants should be required to notify the American city they will be arriving in before they can become officially illegal. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson