Author Topic: Trump irks conservatives, could be damaging his political career by attacking DeSantis  (Read 3601 times)

Online DB

I don’t get why conservatives are attracted to such a person.  We live in an era when nobody is considered mentally ill, so maybe that has something to do with it.

With the loss of the Nevada senate seat, we are down to 49, along with perhaps a bare minimum in the house for a majority.  Unless republicans get serious, and quit nominating joke candidates, the democrats WILL pack the court in 2025, and they WILL add permanent democrat states.  They are one senate seat and maybe five house seats from pulling it off in January.

Because "he fights!".

With everyone.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
DeSantis is a fool who is letting his ego get away from him.

The IDEAL plan would be for Trump to be President for 4 years,with DeSantis standing in the wings as his VP candidate,and ready to step in for 8 years when Trump leaves office.

This ain't about ego's. It's about what is best for America.

????

Trump has the biggest narcissisticly filled ego on earth.    Claiming that of DeSantis in lunacy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

I don’t get why conservatives are attracted to such a person.

Conservatives aren't.  The people that are attracted to such a person are those who are 100% willing to compromise their positions on Planned Parenthood, amnesty for illegals, gun control, property rights, massive deficits, the printing of the money, Covid restrictions, etc., etc., just so they can be in alignment with what Donald Trump does.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Conservatives aren't.  The people that are attracted to such a person are those who are 100% willing to compromise their positions on Planned Parenthood, amnesty for illegals, gun control, property rights, massive deficits, the printing of the money, Covid restrictions, etc., etc., just so they can be in alignment with what Donald Trump does.

@Hoodat

The scariest part about the above brain fart is that you really believe that nonsense.

Suddenly,Trump is more evil than the entire DNC!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Hoodat

The scariest part about the above brain fart is that you really believe that nonsense.

888high58888  @sneakypete

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump has the biggest narcissisticly filled ego on earth.   

What does this mean @catfish1957   

Offline roamer_1

@Hoodat

@sneakypete

It is true - @Hoodat 's position, I mean

... Not your hyperbole raised against him. The lesser evil argument is always bullcrap.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

It is true - @Hoodat 's position, I mean

... Not your hyperbole raised against him. The lesser evil argument is always bullcrap.

@roamer_1

Prima Donna.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Prima Donna.

@sneakypete
No. Actual Conservative. It amazes me that you would expect Conservatives to approve of the most expensive administration in history, and not only approve, but vote for it sommore. What about 'small government' don't you understand?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
No. Actual Conservative. It amazes me that you would expect Conservatives to approve of the most expensive administration in history, and not only approve, but vote for it sommore. What about 'small government' don't you understand?

@roamer_1

The part where you win by voting for more of the same.

Don't worry,though. You are still a purist. A purist loser,but still a purist. Do your little "happiness dance" and sleep tight knowing the world is safe from rude politicians.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

The part where you win by voting for more of the same.

@sneakypete
Yeah... Tumpy IS more of the same.

Don't worry,though. You are still a purist. A purist loser,but still a purist. Do your little "happiness dance" and sleep tight knowing the world is safe from rude politicians.

Draggin out all your dumass insults today, huh?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
Yeah... Tumpy IS more of the same.

Draggin out all your dumass insults today, huh?

@roamer_1

The truth is supposed to hurt people like  you,who live in make-believe worlds.

Offline bilo

@sneakypete

@sneakypete

Trump had his share of missteps, however and more importantly he is one of only 3 political figures in the last 65 years you can point to as a real disruptor. The other 2 are Reagan and Gingrich.

I'm turned off like most conservatives when Trump starts attacking upcoming conservative stars like DeSantis and Youngkin. All Trump is doing is making himself look small and helping the Rats. I don't know if Trump can do it, but he has to run on being the guy who can get things done based on his record of having gotten things done.

I don't know if any of this will matter. It seems the Rats have mastered the art of stealing elections with mail in balloting, vote machine breakdowns, middle of the night ballot drops and electronic vote tabulation manipulation.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

The truth is supposed to hurt people like  you,who live in make-believe worlds.

@sneakypete

:silly:

It is not truth, and your insults, as you should know by now, are water off a duck's back.

Offline roamer_1

Perfect description @sneakypete

As a Conservative NOT voting for big government on the right? Have you lost your ever-loving mind?

Small government is arguably the very core, the first principle of American Conservatism. And you expect me to betray that for your orange prince?

HELL NO.

Online libertybele

@sneakypete

Trump had his share of missteps, however and more importantly he is one of only 3 political figures in the last 65 years you can point to as a real disruptor. The other 2 are Reagan and Gingrich.

I'm turned off like most conservatives when Trump starts attacking upcoming conservative stars like DeSantis and Youngkin. All Trump is doing is making himself look small and helping the Rats. I don't know if Trump can do it, but he has to run on being the guy who can get things done based on his record of having gotten things done.

I don't know if any of this will matter. It seems the Rats have mastered the art of stealing elections with mail in balloting, vote machine breakdowns, middle of the night ballot drops and electronic vote tabulation manipulation.

goopo
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

@bilo

I think this is something we can all agree with,and it's not going to change unless we can get rid of "Mitch the Bitch" and his flunkies

Online Hoodat

@bilo

I think this is something we can all agree with,and it's not going to change unless we can get rid of "Mitch the Bitch" and his flunkies

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

The one fact that tempers the disappointment we didn't regain the senate, is that Turdle would have been running it.

Until he's gone, its pointless.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

@sneakypete

They get plenty of help from the GOPe.  Well the GOPe destroyed Trump (with Trump doing it to himself, to a  degree),  now it's time to destroy the GOPe.  I'm staying home in 2024.

Online Hoodat

The one fact that tempers the disappointment we didn't regain the senate, is that Turdle would have been running it.

Until he's gone, its pointless.

Trump now thinks that Rick Scott would be a good replacement for McConnell.  Especially after the fabulous job he did getting Republicans elected in the Senate elections last Tuesday.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bilo observes (wisely):
"I don't know if any of this will matter. It seems the Rats have mastered the art of stealing elections with mail in balloting, vote machine breakdowns, middle of the night ballot drops and electronic vote tabulation manipulation."

Comrade bilo, do you understand now what I've been referring to as "the underground election apparatus" for over two years?

In truth, only -some- of "the apparatus" is "below ground" (as are those of The Party who are in charge of it).

The beauty (from The Party's perspective) is that some of the apparatus exists above-ground "in plain sight". Such as the "early voting", "mail-in ballots", etc.

By "institutionalizing" such practices, as some states have already done, they will soon become impossible to REMOVE, which would restore the electoral process to what it historically was (that being, "vote on Election Day").

Any attempt to remove this new paradigm -- and to "return to the old ways" -- will then become viewed by a large part of the populace as "taking away their [voting] rights". Like tampering with Social Security, Comrades.

And thus, "the electoral apparatus" becomes ingrained and a permanent part of the "new voting process"... and with it, The Party will control elections ever more.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump now thinks that Rick Scott would be a good replacement for McConnell.  Especially after the fabulous job he did getting Republicans elected in the Senate elections last Tuesday.

I like Rick Scott.  I hope Trumps taint doesn't follow him. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bilo

They get plenty of help from the GOPe.  Well the GOPe destroyed Trump (with Trump doing it to himself, to a  degree),  now it's time to destroy the GOPe.  I'm staying home in 2024.

The only way I stay home in 2024 is if there is no America First candidate on the ticket.

We are in a war. At this point the most important thing is for Pubs at the State level to get the election system fixed. We need to end mail in ballots. We need to end drop boxes. We need to end machine tabulation of the ballots cast.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home