Author Topic: Climate Religion: Egypt’s Mount Sinai to receive ‘Climate Justice Ten Commandments’ during UN summit  (Read 211 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Religion: Egypt’s Mount Sinai to receive ‘Climate Justice Ten Commandments’ during UN summit – Interfaith ‘Climate Repentance Ceremonies’

Via: Israel365News.com: Christian, Muslim, Jewish, and other religious figures will participate in a UN conference on climate change that is taking place this week and next. In conjunction with the UN event, a group of faith leaders is taking an alternative approach, seeking a faith-based solution to the ecological crisis by promoting the “Ten Principles for Climate Justice” in a global initiative. ...

On Sunday, the organization will hold a “Climate Repentance Ceremonies” and “put forth a prophetic interreligious call to action.”  ... The partnering organizations initially intended to hold the Climate Repentance Ceremony and Ten Commandments events at Jebel Musa in the southern Sinai Peninsula. The area is traditionally believed to be the location of the biblical Mount Sinai, a site of great significance in the Bible and considered holy to Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Unfortunately, the Egyptian government chose not to permit the main interfaith event to be held at Jabal Musa due to security concerns...A small group of faith leaders will be allowed to ascend Jabal Mus and hold a repentance ceremony as originally planned. ...

Rabbi Yonatan Neril  sees faith and religion as playing essential roles in the solution...“Leveraging faith communities to move the needle around climate advocacy is a deeply needed and worthwhile effort,” he explained. Rabbi Neril authored the “Eco Bible An Ecological Commentary” which describes ecology as  “achieving a more sustainable future in accordance with God’s Will.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2022/11/10/climate-religion-egypts-mount-sinai-to-receive-climate-justice-ten-commandments-during-un-summit-interfaith-climate-repentance-ceremonies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :3: This is somewhere between sacrilegious and heretical.  To equate the moral teachings of the Ten Commandments with the sham of global warming is disgusting. :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson