Author Topic: Red wave after all? GOP winning popular vote by wide margin despite incongruous results  (Read 533 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Red wave after all? GOP winning popular vote by wide margin despite incongruous results

Millions more Americans voted for Republicans than Democrats in House races. So why didn't the GOP win more seats?

By Aaron Kliegman

Updated: November 10, 2022 - 11:07pm

The country may have experienced a red wave after all. It just didn't translate into the electoral outcomes that have historically accompanied major political shifts — and after the initial wave of instant narratives extemporized by pundits on election night, close observers are now just beginning to dig for the reasons underlying the model-shattering disconnect.

Republicans are currently winning the national popular vote for the House in Tuesday's midterm elections by a large margin, according to the latest data from the Cook Political Report.

Specifically, GOP candidates have so far received 50,672,592 votes, or 52.3% of the total ballots cast as of this writing. Democrat candidates, by comparison, have so far received 44,802,597 votes, or 46.2% of the total.

These figures come from Cook's 2022 National House Vote Tracker, which is being updated as states continue counting ballots.

This support for the GOP appears to fit with what pre-election polling data had suggested heading into Election Day. Several Republican candidates nationwide, including those running for the Senate and governors' mansions, had been rising in the polls in the last couple months, indicating positive momentum for Republicans.

Polling also found that the economy (particularly inflation) and crime were the top two issues for voters and that voters trusted Republicans more than Democrats to handle each issue.

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/red-wave-after-all-gop-winning-popular-vote-wide-margin-despite
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Something I was considering... maybe now it's red voters who are concentrating in a few states?

Online Hoodat

You could conceivably have an election where the Democrat wins each Congressional election by exactly one vote.  Nationwide, the Democrat win the popular vote by a total of 80,000,000 to 79,999,565.  And with that 0.000272% majority and complete control of Congress, the Democrats would not hesitate impose full scale fascism on the 49.999728%.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Something I was considering... maybe now it's red voters who are concentrating in a few states?

Red states are getting redder blue states bluer.  I'll leave it to you to decide where that leads @Weird Tolkienish Figure
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

Red states are getting redder blue states bluer.  I'll leave it to you to decide where that leads @Weird Tolkienish Figure

I've seen this movie before.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I continue to drift to that conclusion and nothing has stopped me so far.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I've seen this movie before.

This time we will have enough bullets.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online andy58-in-nh

This time we will have enough bullets.

We might need 'em, because I think we are going to lose both the House and the Senate, and things are going to get ugly.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline cato potatoe

They will count the ballot harvests until December in California.  I'll check back then.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat hollers:
"I've seen this movie before." (and posts a pic)

It's going to be different this coming time.
The pic above will be that of the troops of the DC government -- the dem-communists.

The pic of the "Heartland army" will be bearing a DIFFERENT flag.
And that's as it should be.