Author Topic: Life after Trump by Don Surber  (Read 178 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Life after Trump by Don Surber
« on: November 10, 2022, 07:00:37 pm »
Wednesday, November 09, 2022
Life after Trump

I was in a bubble this year. Tuesday's election busted it.

Hope is the thing with feathers. We were plucked.

We can talk about cheating and the fix being in and mail-in votes. We can go on and on about the deep state and the media. We can spend months in denial but the fact is, Americans do not want Donald John Trump to be their president.

He did not save the Republican Party. He spent it.

Ira Stoll was cold in his assessment of the election.

He wrote, "Donald Trump is a drag in a general election in purple states.

"In Georgia, Republican Governor Brian Kemp, who Trump doesn't like, won about 53% of the vote, while Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker, who Trump likes, was at 48% or 49% of the vote. Likewise, in New Hampshire, Governor Chris Sununu, who has distanced himself from Trump, won with about 57% of the vote, while Republican Senate candidate Dan Bolduc, a Trump fan, attracted only about 44% of the vote. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, the Republican success story of the night, won reelection with roughly 59% of the vote despite being denounced by Trump as Ron De Sanctimonious.

"There are some outliers—J.D. Vance won the Ohio Senate race despite being allied with Trump—but overall, it was not a good night for Trump. Perhaps this realization will make Republican primary voters think twice before choosing Trump-allied candidates, or Trump himself, in primaries in 2024."

The truth is not a warm puppy. It often is a snowman standing on a glacier. This is one of those times.

more
https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2022/11/life-after-trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Life after Trump by Don Surber
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 07:36:49 pm »
I am not a Trump fan, but some of this hatred directed at him seems to be irrational.  I have relatives that just hate Trump so bad because they don’t like his personality and behavior. There’s a lot of people whose personality and behaviors I don’t like but I don’t have a seething hatred for them. I don’t care for Joe Biden and believe that he’s going to go down as another Jimmy Carter but it’s nothing personal

This wasn’t simply an election were it was Republicans versus Democrats and Independents decided they didn’t want Trump or any of his candidates in office. This is against a backdrop of a broken border, a declining economy with 40 year high inflation, woke ideology forced on the public, and spiking crime with Democrat written all over the above.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 07:38:39 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy